Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good place for Motor Bike Insurance?

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Good place for Motor Bike Insurance?

What is the good company to get insurance for a used Motor Bike?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

Re: Good place for Motor Bike Insurance?

It depends on whether it's a cruiser or sport bike... For me, State Farm was a lot cheaper on a Sports Bike than anywhere else I checked, but then again my age probably had something to do with it as well Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pairing it with a current insurer for multi product discount.

USAA does not offer motorcycle insurance, but has partnered with progressive.

if you have a NFCU account you can get the Geico discount.

Progressive does

Message 3 of 12
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I bought my self 2 bikes. 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 500R with 5600 miles for $2900 and Kwasaki Ninja 250R with 1600 Miles for $2000. I thought I would give 250R for my 18 year old daughter once she gets bike license and passes all the required tests and gain experience. She is a Freshman now going to be Sophomore in the Fall. It would be fun to drive the bikes together in the Summer and spend quality time with my daughter and bond together more before I goto Med school in Aruba Starting this Fall. I'll call Geico / Progressive and find out their offerings and also check with my Insurance agent and see what she can offer to me. Looking forward to a great summer.

Message 4 of 12
FindUrPath
Established Member

Message 5 of 12
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Thanks for your input. Right now I have my cars insured with Peerless. If I were to move both cars and motor bikes to one company which is most recommended?

Message 6 of 12
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

I have Progressive for my crotch-rocket, not just because I like Flo, but I have my home and 2 other cars insured so it's super-low.  Oh, did I mention Flo?  Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 12
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

I have homeowners, three cars, a Yamaha 600cc sport bike, along with a multi million umbrella policy all with Progressive.  When bundling all this together I get maximum discounts for all the policies.  I pay $98/year for full coverage on the bike.  If you can try bundling all your insurance together as it makes a big difference.  I used to have Geico but Progressive undercut them significantly four years ago.  As always it depends on where you live, claims history and credit score.  Shop around.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I highly suggest Mcgraw motorcycle Insurance. I had my 2007 Kawasaki Zx10 with liablity for 14 bucks a month, and 2007 ninja 650r for 8 dollars a month, yea crack head prices. I really don't understand what insurance companies base the prices for full coverage on for motorcycles. I've gotten quotes from Gieco, Progressive, and some other big names(Even Mcgraw) and they all pretty much told me $490 bucks a month. I'm 22 with a clean record, I guess maybe my age inflated the price idk. Try them out and see what you get

Message 9 of 12
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I signed by with Progressive for my Bike insurance. I have to look for car insurance. Looks like StateFarm is giving much better deal for the teen auto insurance.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.