Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a new car loan

tag
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Got a new car loan

Me and my wife both bought used vehicles this past December.  Turns out her vehicle was a dud and started falling apart hard and fast.  We were way under water, to the tune of $4k.  Went to look at a $14k used Civic.  Dealership couldn't get a loan done with that much negative equity in it.  So they offered up a new Camry.  We didn't plan on buying a new car but the thought was intriguing.  Showed us a couple options and the wife was in love.  Ran the numbers and the payment wasn't much more than the used car we had planned on buying.  Ended up at 3.99% through Toyota.  Pretty happy with the end result.  Haven't had the new car smell in a long long time.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: Got a new car loan

@boomhower wrote:

Me and my wife both bought used vehicles this past December.  Turns out her vehicle was a dud and started falling apart hard and fast.  We were way under water, to the tune of $4k.  Went to look at a $14k used Civic.  Dealership couldn't get a loan done with that much negative equity in it.  So they offered up a new Camry.  We didn't plan on buying a new car but the thought was intriguing.  Showed us a couple options and the wife was in love.  Ran the numbers and the payment wasn't much more than the used car we had planned on buying.  Ended up at 3.99% through Toyota.  Pretty happy with the end result.  Haven't had the new car smell in a long long time.

Congrats! I have yet to buy a new vehicle. I always stick with the 2-3 year old used with low miles. I can;t wait for my first new one. Good for you!

Message 2 of 3
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Re: Got a new car loan

@azguy13 wrote:

@boomhower wrote:

Congrats! I have yet to buy a new vehicle. I always stick with the 2-3 year old used with low miles. I can;t wait for my first new one. Good for you!

I usually don't.  This is only the second one I've bought.  First was during cash for clunkers when I got the deal of a lifetime, paid $9500 for a car with a $16.8k sticker price.  This one was as good but still a nice deal.  Car had a $24k sticker and once the funny math is done away with I paid $20k.  I'm pretty satisfied with that deal.  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.