cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELLLLPPPP! SHOULD I PULL THE TRIGGER ON AUTO REFINANCING??

tag
Cbush83
Valued Member

HELLLLPPPP! SHOULD I PULL THE TRIGGER ON AUTO REFINANCING??

So long story short i am on my rebuilding journey. So far I have added a 500 capital one card (7% utilization), AU on my wife's card ($8000), and refinanced my mortgage. The first payment for the house and credit card were due last month and they finally showed up on my report. My credit jumped 45 points!!!! So now i sit at a 644. (per credit wise that comes with Capital Ones mobile app). Here"s the dilemma I would like to refinance my vehicle that I brought in November. I have a CO with NFCU as well as USAA (I am paying on these). Vehicle amount owed $16,498 APR 17.73% Originally financed thru Capital One I am thinking about PenFed. I know its a hard pull, but i was hoping to apply with them and try and refinance my car all in one! What do you guys think.. think i have a chance? Refinancing would definitely allow me to put more money towards my debt. I also paid a collection off yesterday so in the next 30 days or so it should improve even more.

4 REPLIES 4
incognitony
Frequent Contributor

Re: HELLLLPPPP! SHOULD I PULL THE TRIGGER ON AUTO REFINANCING??

Credit wise is not a FICO score but Penfed or a local credit union might be able to help lower you car loan rate. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd wait until that derog is gone from your reports. No sense in getting a better rate now when it might be better still next month.

Message 3 of 5
Cbush83
Valued Member

Your right. I pulled myFICO and I'm still at around 598 for all 3

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try Refi Jet, they just do a soft pull or ClearLane  by Ally which is a soft pull if you have made at least 6 payments on the vehicle. Nothing to lose with the soft pulls, scores are sometimes slow to update depending on the version the lender pulls. But I wouldn't do a cold hard pull now either. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.