Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW does a car lease appear on your credit? *NOT IF*

tag
Mikey41
Established Member

HOW does a car lease appear on your credit? *NOT IF*

I earn $200K a year and my 15 year old Corolla finally broke. I will be leasing a new Altima $190 per month but the invoice price is $22 000. 

The question is: Will my credit report show ($190 * 36 months) or $22 000, the invoice price?

The question is not, IF the lease shows on my report. I know it will show on the report.

Thank You

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HOW does a car lease appear on your credit? *NOT IF*

@Mikey41 wrote:

I earn $200K a year and my 15 year old Corolla finally broke. I will be leasing a new Altima $190 per month but the invoice price is $22 000. 

The question is: Will my credit report show ($190 * 36 months) or $22 000, the invoice price?

The question is not, IF the lease shows on my report. I know it will show on the report.

Thank You

$190*36 because that's all you are borrowing

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It will only report $190 for 36 months and not the invoice price..

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

They're correct. It will show the price your paying for the vehicle not the actual price OF the vehicle. Gm financial reports like 10k on my credit report as compared to the sticker price since that's all I've actually borrowed!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.