Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello credit advisors where to apply for a car loan first time buyer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello credit advisors where to apply for a car loan first time buyer

Hello fellow advisors I'm very new to this and I have a question on credit karma my scores are 698 and 688 and in Experian 701 my oldest card is 5k jelerystore 3 months ago I have a secured loan and ox publishing all within the last 2 months I wanted to apply for a very small car loan like a 8k loan where would i have best odds i have no negative no late no nothing I'm a member of usaa should i apply through them or are they though? I'm trying to stay low key being that i just got membership and dont want them to change mind i do have a invite to navy fed as well should i apply there
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

Re: Hello credit advisors where to apply for a car loan first time buyer

I’d recommend capital one auto navigator, the credit karma scores are trash (vantage scores) I’d go to Experian and get my 3 scores from them for a dollar and a 1 week trial. If you are looking for pre owned try out carvana (they actually use the vantage score unlike most lenders) and they can deliver the vehicle if you like.
Other options are local credit unions.

https://www.capitalone.com/cars/prequalify/

You can prequalify with Cap1 and carvana with no impact till you find what you want. They’ll give you the apr, max terms and any down payment needed.

Edit: Usaa doesn’t always give the best rate, they use FICO 3 which is an older version used for credit card lending too. If you have never had an auto loan I’d imagine you would have low auto enhanced score if any at all? So for your first I definitely recommend the routes above.

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 2 of 4
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Cap One

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 3 of 4
Gotham-
Frequent Contributor

I have to Concur

cap1 prequal is a sound and safe choice
Have it for a year watch your score establish good track record and then stay or refi in the mean time

Get that NFCU ... I’m a part of USAA as well but NCFU is a very very GIVING place

Digital Federal CU just did my auto loan they have had by far the best auto rate for me

Seek out the gurus as I have everyone here has been absolutely priceless !!’

GL
2018 Dec Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 778
Achieved Goal Score 2020: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.