cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Me! Getting Approved fo 75k Car Loan (No Auto History)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help Me! Getting Approved fo 75k Car Loan (No Auto History)

Hello, im 26 years im a truck driver and i make 94k/year. I want to buy an 2021 widebody hellcat. Right now my score are TU 645 EX628 EQ648... i one secured installment loan reporting with credit strong, its for 18k and ive 7 payments in (on time). I alson recently opened a discover secured card a month ago with a 600 dollar limit. And a year of rent reporting on time for the last year (only to TU). I know i have a very young credit profile so i was thinking about adding 2 tradelines, one for 42k (6 years of on time payments) and a smaller limit with 4+ years of on time payments. only negative is a paid off and closed secured cap one which has late payments. I plan on buying the car in next 2 months, and i also plan on putting down 10-15k the car is 75k. Im with navy federal credit union and i also have a business account with them for my photography company

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help Me! Getting Approved fo 75k Car Loan (No Auto History)

20-30% down and you should get approved. Expect a high APR as a first time buyer.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dodge may have a first time buyer program that might help.

I would also apply  at Navy and see what they say.  

Nice car good luck and post pictures when you get it.

Message 3 of 11
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Check Cap One Nav prequal.

It is SP and will give you an idea of where you might stand.

DW and I each got $75k (at 2.45% and 3.10% APR.)

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 4 of 11
kaylord84
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello, im 26 years im a truck driver and i make 94k/year. I want to buy an 2021 widebody hellcat. Right now my score are TU 645 EX628 EQ648... i one secured installment loan reporting with credit strong, its for 18k and ive 7 payments in (on time). I alson recently opened a discover secured card a month ago with a 600 dollar limit. And a year of rent reporting on time for the last year (only to TU). I know i have a very young credit profile so i was thinking about adding 2 tradelines, one for 42k (6 years of on time payments) and a smaller limit with 4+ years of on time payments. only negative is a paid off and closed secured cap one which has late payments. I plan on buying the car in next 2 months, and i also plan on putting down 10-15k the car is 75k. Im with navy federal credit union and i also have a business account with them for my photography company

Wow good luck I'm looking to get the same car but probably a 2020 since Dodge is giving $7070 rebate. My income is about the same as yours but my scores are higher. I'm with navy federal also along with Dcu and Penfed. I think I'm going to to use penfed payment saver loan after my credit report reflect under 8.9% overall utilization at the end of this month

Starting Score: Eq 485 TU 467 Ex 400 BK filed Dec 2016
Current Score: Eq 723 TU 665 Ex 682
Goal Score: 700 All 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 11
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

Chrysler Capital is very accomodating compared to other captive lenders.

Ask the dealer if they would ask CC for a tier bump.

They often have a "low score incentive" bonus that can be added to any existing offers.

The dealer also has "dealer cash" that they can use to lower the price of the car (if they want to make the sale).

Message 6 of 11
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

I don't think you'll have a problem getting approved with a substantial down payment. You said you're willing to put $15k down will is about 20% and substantially reduces the risk to the lender (which is a very good thing).

You interest rates may not be the best but since you'd be borrowing a lot less than ACV then that'll help you.

Chrysler Capital (Santander) isn't that hard to get an approval from so you may be okay. You also will have the leverage of the dealer if you decide to go with them versus securing your own financing.

I would suggest since you're putting so much down that you look at NFCU, PenFed, or even DCU as you'd probably fare better.

Please do post pics if you decide to move forward with the purchase. I just picked up a new '21 392 Scat Pack Charger about a month ago after my previous was totaled. I absolutely love the car and power. The Hellcat will be even more fun. The thought of SRT being dismantled still makes me way to cry.
Message 7 of 11
kaylord84
Frequent Contributor

@Loquat wrote:
I don't think you'll have a problem getting approved with a substantial down payment. You said you're willing to put $15k down will is about 20% and substantially reduces the risk to the lender (which is a very good thing).

You interest rates may not be the best but since you'd be borrowing a lot less than ACV then that'll help you.

Chrysler Capital (Santander) isn't that hard to get an approval from so you may be okay. You also will have the leverage of the dealer if you decide to go with them versus securing your own financing.

I would suggest since you're putting so much down that you look at NFCU, PenFed, or even DCU as you'd probably fare better.

Please do post pics if you decide to move forward with the purchase. I just picked up a new '21 392 Scat Pack Charger about a month ago after my previous was totaled. I absolutely love the car and power. The Hellcat will be even more fun. The thought of SRT being dismantled still makes me way to cry.

Do you mind sharing the lender you used for your purchase? Was it Chrysler Capital if so what was your score at the time? Thanks

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kaylord84 I was approved for my lease through Chrysler Capital when I had a 650ish credit score. I was approved at a tier 2 and the dealership called in for a tier bump up to tier one so I could get the best rates and waive the acquisition fee. Chrysler Capital is very generous on approvals, from my experience.

EDIT: My lease was for a RAM, the Money Factor on those is insane!!!

Message 9 of 11
kaylord84
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kaylord84 I was approved for my lease through Chrysler Capital when I had a 650ish credit score. I was approved at a tier 2 and the dealership called in for a tier bump up to tier one so I could get the best rates and waive the acquisition fee. Chrysler Capital is very generous on approvals, from my experience.

EDIT: My lease was for a RAM, the Money Factor on those is insane!!!

Thanks I've been looking into leasing as well but the residue is too low I've been getting quotes for $1100 - $1200 for a Red-eye. Do you know which bureau Chrysler Capital pulls 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.