cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! When does capital one auto report 30 days late?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help! When does capital one auto report 30 days late?

My capital one auto payment i

Was due on 01/01/20. I messed up and did not pay it until 01/31/20. Has anyone had experience with them? I'm wondering if they are going to report me as 30 days late. It is now 02/25/20 and I have not recieved any credit notifications yet. I'm not sure when I would see it if they did report it as a late. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
TattnallTrio
Frequent Contributor

Re: Help! When does capital one auto report 30 days late?

I was told they report on the last day of the month. This may only apply to

me since my due date is the 26th or every month. 
You may not get reported as 30

days late. You paid it on the 30th day, maybe they considered it 29

days if it was before the cut off time. I'm saying maybe and hopefully. 
best of luck 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will be fine.They only will report late after your next statement cuts, actually have about 35 to 37 days.Unfortunately I speak from experience

Message 3 of 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous  if it hasn't reported, you might be fine. 

Going forward, I'd caution you to not dispute anything on this account unless it's absolutely necessary.  

Sometimes things fall through the cracks, sometimes lenders let them fall through, but they have a tendency to show up during dispute, not because lender is being spiteful,  but because dispute is an "audit" in a way.

Message 4 of 6
NimbusIII
Frequent Contributor

I had a capital one vehicle loan several years ago.  If you have this over sight again call in and make your payment over the phone.  Being honest with representative and tell them you made a mistake but would like to bring your account current.  I accidentally went 40 days because I had written down as paid 2x and never sent it. The rep said no problem took the payment and removed the late penalty and any derogatory indication.  Granted I had a year and a half of no missed payments but it's worth having human interaction with your financial institutions.

“The man who says he can, and the man who says he can not… Are both correct.”
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Auto reports on the 1st day of the month!!! If u get it in before then. You'll be ok.!!! 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.