Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please! Where to go from here...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help please! Where to go from here...

Hi, I have a quick question... I tried repairing my credit thanks to you guys a few years ago only to be halted and even further damaged after a divorce. I will be posted more detail tonight, but for now my situation is... 5-7 collections accounts, small student loan, and an old played off auto loan years ago with a few lates. Vehicle finally died after 9 years so in January I was in need. Must have went through 15 credit pulls at 4 dealerships, all declines! Was getting very depressed about it until going to a Nissan dealership in Birmingham AL who did what no one else could. Got me approved for a 2013 Nissan altima s. Obviously high interest, but car is certified warranty, merely 46k miles and talked him down to just 12,900 sale Price! Only requiring 750 down payment! Financing 14k through the much talked about Consumer Portfolio. Payments are 350 for 60mths. My question is what now? Will be working on the collections with letters, emails, and all. Saving money to offer towards those as well. Been member of Navy Federal for a few years. They denied auto loan and credit card last summer. My goal is to obviously work on those collections, to eventually refinance auto loan as soon as possible, and to get in position to get NFCU credit cards. I've been out of the credit loop for awhile. Credit scores listed on numerous denial letters range from 525-541 give or take. What now??

3 REPLIES 3
settleordelete
Regular Contributor

Re: Help please! Where to go from here...

Hi Prince2015,

What now? You start living and stop worrying. Many people wake up and fine themselves in your shoes everyday. But its not entirely bad, you got some transportation so that's a good start. But don't rush out and get into more debt before you work to pay off those bills you have. The best sense of financial security you can have is bills that are paid on time and cash in your pocket.

Good luck.

I've been where you are trying to go and I don't wanna go back.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi thanks for advice, although I suppose I should have been more thorough. Firstly, let's ignore the exclamations and all. Lol. I'm fine and at peace about everything. Fully confident all will be turned around soon. My question is more so about any new tips or advice in particular concerning auto refinancing. How long should I wait? Aside from NFCU, any other great lender options for refinance? I was pretty knowledgeable years ago thanks to this forum when my score went from 515 to 649 before divorce caused me to crumble again, so I'm reaching out again to see if any changes have been made at how we go about repairing credit these days. Again, I already know about paying bills on time etc. Five of the 7 collections were unknown to me. But all together they are merely about $2,200. I can pay that off now, but am patient if possible to get removed. My question now regards the future plans I have. So anyone with auto refinance advice and anyone with new credit rules or processes please chime in. Thanks.
Message 3 of 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Sounds like you.already have the right mind set to move forward. Try to get the negatives taken care.of, hopefully some removed, and stay on top of anything else in your profile. Continuing to follow threads on here would help you. You.want to grow now so that your outlook improves. Getting your scores up would be a huge help for you.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.