cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please, im going to get an auto loan.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help please, im going to get an auto loan.

Guys, my current score is EX=600, EQ=613, TU=615. I currently have auto loan with Toyota financial. for 3years but the bad thing i have 3, "30day late" last year. Now my car only worth 2500 and my payoff is 6500, that`s mean i`ll have to transfer a balance of 4k to the new car that im searching. Today i went to my old dealership and was going to get camry 2006, for $15k. they did the hard pull n everything but too bad the APR they offered was 17% (it`s the same apr that i paying right now) so i refuse it and get out from there. Where you think should i go now??? T__T im in Los angelese county, planning to put 1k Down. I saw on AD. about "on house" financing or "Bad or no credit" No problem. Should i try them?? Any input n tips will be Welcome and much appreciated Im planning to open a CU acct but this CU, "wescom" doesnt seems like to have a reputable auto loans experience. And still thinking to get the Cap1 blank check or Roadloand, but are they pulling auto enh score or fico? THX

Message Edited by kearney on 06-30-2008 02:05 AM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help please, im going to get an auto loan.

are any of your friends or family was or are in the military? If they sponsor your account you can join Navy Federal Credit Union. My girlfriend just refinanced her loan from Ft.Belvoir credit union to them and got a lower rate.
Message 2 of 5
treschic
Frequent Contributor

if you go to one of those in-house financing "no credit or bad credit" financed places, your interest rate might be the same at 17% or higher. plus, they make the cars up so high at those places, that i'm surprised it is legal. one of those places where i'm at that has those everybody is financed deals, has restrictions on the car that you can get, they have special prices for those going through that program, and the cars are atleast 5k more than you'd pay at a regular dealership.  if youdont have to, i would not recommend going that route.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I applied for a Cap 1 no hassle Auto loan in 2006, my scores were between high 500's to low 600's. I had a repo in 2005, several late payments on credit cards and a Nextel collection, I thought I had no chance but I was approved for about $19k  with 14% APR.

The APR is high but I had no other choice. The little old Mitsubishi I drove had all sorts of problems and was not road worthy.
I drove my old car until one day, I got a flat followed by another flat in the same week. Fed up with the problems, I decided to use the blank check from Cap One, 2 months after I received it.

Today, I'm still paying the loan. Capital One is not my favorite, they have low ratings in my books, but I am grateful that they offered me the loan which eventually helped my scores go up.

I would like to re-fi but considering trading it in for a hybrid. I may have to pay more since the amount I owe is more than the depreciated value of the car but since my credit has improved, I can probably get 5% or more reduction from the current APR. I plan to finance through the dealer this time if I decide to change my car.

Give Cap 1 a try. I don't think your scores will take another hit since you're car shopping. You have 30 days from your first auto loan inquiry to apply for other loans but I've read 15 days on this board also, so you may want to search the threads. 
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

^ Good for u, but i got denied by Cap1, and approved by Roadloans but the apr is baddd. So today im applying wachovia, cuz i saw they pull EQ (that`s my best score) so...just wish me luck ^___^
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.