Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High end cars......100K range...

tag
Kratos-TM
Frequent Contributor

High end cars......100K range...

When shopping for high end cars 100K+, are people having an easier time getting approved for financing or leasing?......(assuming 800 credit score, money down, and sufficient DTI).

Myfico scores.....
EX... 805 (11-10-13)
EQ... 810 (12-02-13)
TU... 810 (12-02-13)
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: High end cars......100K range...

@jarroldharrell1 wrote:

When shopping for high end cars 100K+, are people having an easier time getting approved for financing or leasing?......(assuming 800 credit score, money down, and sufficient DTI).

I'm not sure on the chances, but here is an active thread talking about how NFCU has a max auto loan of $500K. The guy wants a new Viper.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Auto-Loans/Think-I-can-get-approved-for-the-2013-Viper-through-NAVY-...

Message 2 of 15
chfenton
Established Member

I had no problems securing financing at 1.9% with for both a Q7 and Porsche Cayenne simultaneously.  Put 50% down on both vehicles and got 50% financing at the 1.9% for 4 years through B of A and AFS.  Score mid 700's, util 20%ish.

Message 3 of 15
Kratos-TM
Frequent Contributor

At 50% down, they better give you 1.9%! Smiley Very Happy

Myfico scores.....
EX... 805 (11-10-13)
EQ... 810 (12-02-13)
TU... 810 (12-02-13)
Message 4 of 15
ryox03
Regular Contributor

My usual response to these types of questions or if a friend of mine is day dreaming about a car is, with a high enough downpayment, you can afford any car you want (aside from maintenance of course....ouch)

$1,000 Amex ED, Amex PRG- NPSL,$5,000 Quicksilver Visa, $3750 CO Quicksilver One, $3,300 BarclayCard Rewards,$2000 Paypal Credit, $3500 Walmart, $1700 Target. $5000 Kay Jewlers, $3500 Amazon Prime Store Card, $1,600 Discover IT

652 EQ 661 TU 650 EX 4/19/2016
Message 5 of 15
Hopelives2
Regular Contributor

All the people I know with cars in that range (R8, Maseratti, Porsche Carrera, Lambo, Fer, Bentley (x3) and another R8) paid cash.  

That said, $100k is not that big of a deal anymore so I would think the down payment + income would get you one.

Message 6 of 15
PhoenixDown
New Contributor

I was looking at the Lexus GS450 hybrid -- about 70k with all the options and I can put 10k down.

I nearly keeled over when I saw it would come out to on the monthly payments!

Message 7 of 15
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Well if you have to ask - you can't afford it as the old saying goes.Smiley Very Happy Not saying that applies to anyone here directly, but I shudder when I think that there are still parts of this country where that amount of money will buy you a HOME!!!

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 15
RefiGuy

I was a finance manager at a Cadillac Dealership a year ago and now I refinance people auto loans and it really depends on what 100k dollar vehicle it is.

If it is a Lexus, Audi, BMW, or Acura they will all have great value as used vehicles in the market. Vehicles like Cadillac, Lincoln, or Range Rovers have horrible residuial values so you pay more during your lease.

Leasing can be great though because you are always under warranty and you have great options at lease end (buy, trade, sell, or turn in). The negatives on leasing is if it is something you want to finance your car at the end of the lease you add 4 to 6 more years of payments on top of the 2-4 year lease you just paid.

Owning a 100K vehicle like rare sports cars usually will hold there value well if purchased used. Purchasing a 100k new Escalade though isnt the smartest thing when in 2 years it will be worth 55k if your lucky.

In your response to whats easier, you can qualify for a better rate if you qualify for a lease, but if your 800 Credit, you wont have a problem doing either if the debt to income is inline with the banks guidelines

Hope this helps.

Message 9 of 15
Kratos-TM
Frequent Contributor

Excellent info RefiGuy. That's what I was looking for. I have an 800 score with 150K income and 15%DTI. Gonna put down a 20K (if financing). But I was just trying to see what was easier to get approved for. I don't mind leasing or buying. I'll accept the best deal on either.

Which brings me to another thought.......can you ask the dealer to have the finance company give you offers on both leasing and buying? Or is it not smart to appear so "open ended"? Maybe the bank will drive you where "they" want you to go vs giving you the best offers on both ends......... just thinking out loud......

Looking at 2014 Mercedes S550 fully loaded 120K......

Myfico scores.....
EX... 805 (11-10-13)
EQ... 810 (12-02-13)
TU... 810 (12-02-13)
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.