Lenght of Employment: 1 month

Previous Loan Experience: No installment history 

Debt-to-Income (DTI): 2%

Year of Car: 2020 Honda Civic

Miles: 0

Purchase/Refinance: Lease

Requested loan term (XX Months): 36

Down payment amount: $1000

Co-borrower/Co-Signer: If needed, spouse with score of 705 FICO could co-sign. Spouse has previous paid off Honda Loan (2017) no lates, current Honda Loan started one year ago, no lates. 

Other: Only one tradeline reporting a balance, 30% utilization. Other 3 have been active in the last few months. My oldest TL is Capital One card, $5500 limit $0 balance and open 1.5 years. 

Lease payment would be $310 to $330

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Honda Finance Lease Approval Odds?

Other people will hopefully give you better feedback. The feedback I have for you is your credit file is relatively new/short. Income and Job history of 1 month will probably work against you. What's the MSRP of the Honda Civic your looking at? If you check out Leasehackr forum you can research better deals. On the credit side the Income, 1 month job history, and no prior loan history might hurt. 

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. MSRP is $25,955 and "sale" price is $24,233. I should also note my housing costs are $0/month as my spouse pays these. 

Thanks!

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

As long as you are approved for credit. I believe you should be able to lower the sales price by another $1k.

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anybody know what version of FICO score AHFC uses in Connecticut for a lease? Last year they pulled Experian, but not sure which type of score (Auto 9?). 

thank you 

Message 5 of 17
donkort
Valued Contributor

Good enough FICO score----not enough time on the job.

How long were you at your previous job?  Was there much of a gap between your previous job and your present job?

I would say that it's probably a "plus" if you were at your previous job 5 years, then immediately got this one,

FICO 8: EQ 810; TU 816; EX 822 as of 7/5/2022
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Previously a full time student, four years undergrad and two years towards a graduate degree. Not sure if that helps. School was not in the US so can't get the Honda College Bonus. 

Message 7 of 17
donkort
Valued Contributor

It might help, actually.  Can't make any promises, though. 

How much of a down payment do you have?  If you have a relatively large down payment, that would definitely help.

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. Wouldn't be interested in more than $1k down on a lease. Could do $3k down on a loan. 

Message 9 of 17
donkort
Valued Contributor

Usually, from my experience, they ask for at least a couple of thousand dollars down for leases.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.