Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Honda Financial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honda Financial

Is it possible to remove 30+ day payment from a credit report? My girlfriend has been growing her profile the last year and last month she forgot to pay her car payment. It was an honest mistake, she did not know until a notice was sent. 23 days past due, I'm just needing advice.

6 REPLIES 6
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Honda Financial

@Anonymous wrote:

Is it possible to remove 30+ day payment from a credit report? My girlfriend has been growing her profile the last year and last month she forgot to pay her car payment. It was an honest mistake, she did not know until a notice was sent. 23 days past due, I'm just needing advice.

You (or more specifically her) can write and ask for a goodwill removal of the late payment. It rarely works on the first attempt but several people have had success with various lenders with repeated attempts. Search for "goodwill saturation technique" for more information 

Message 2 of 7
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous Was it a full 30 day late payment or was she just 23 days past due. I would check her report to confirm an actual 30 day late occured. 

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 3 of 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Agree, if you pay late, but before the next payment is due then you shouldn't be hit with a 30-day late.

You'll still be on the hook for late fees, penalties, etc..

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for the response.

Yes, it was 23 days past due. 

I'll just wait it out to see if it reports on her profile. If it does, we'll reach out to see if there's anything they can do. I'm hoping it doesn't because she's been doing great the last year and don't want it ruined over one silly mistake. 

Message 5 of 7
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

23 days isn't 30 days past due. She should be fine as long as she paid within 30 days. It shouldn't get reported as a 30-day late payment.

Message 6 of 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@ridgebackpilot wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

23 days isn't 30 days past due. She should be fine as long as she paid within 30 days. It shouldn't get reported as a 30-day late payment.

Right, if she's hit with 30 day late then she'd have grounds to get it removed for inaccurate reporting.

30 days late means -- at least 30 days late but less than 60 days late

60 days late means -- at least 60 days late but less than 90 days late

etc......

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.