Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Honda Financial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Honda Financial

I actually, I should take a closer look at those Mazdas! Thanks Kree!

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

After going back and forth for a couple days, I finally had the Honda dealership do it properly, but I ended up getting a brand new Civic after driving it around for the very first time and seeing that it has every feature I wanted (minus AWD) for $6K less, I thought it was suitable for my driving habits since I only liked the CR-V but I didn't actually need an SUV. Nonetheless, if it wasn't for the dealership people and how they took care of me, I would have never set eyes on Hondas ever again after being treated that bad by Honda Financial's support rep.

Message 12 of 16
Np1791
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

After going back and forth for a couple days, I finally had the Honda dealership do it properly, but I ended up getting a brand new Civic after driving it around for the very first time and seeing that it has every feature I wanted (minus AWD) for $6K less, I thought it was suitable for my driving habits since I only liked the CR-V but I didn't actually need an SUV. Nonetheless, if it wasn't for the dealership people and how they took care of me, I would have never set eyes on Hondas ever again after being treated that bad by Honda Financial's support rep.

To be honest you should never do your app yourself. The dealers are there for a reason. I worked as a sales person and many people that would not get approved by a bank did because of the structure of the request for the loan which unless you have worked in the industry and have had a lot of experience shouldn't attempt.

As of 11/28/2018
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

im glad it worked out for you in the end! i saw this thread when you first started it but didn't have anything useful to offer.. but yes i agree always go to the dealership! im onto my second lease after an early upgrade and have never.. ever.. never... called honda financial.. any question i had always went straight back to the dealer where they know me..

congrats OP!

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Np1791 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

To be honest you should never do your app yourself. The dealers are there for a reason. I worked as a sales person and many people that would not get approved by a bank did because of the structure of the request for the loan which unless you have worked in the industry and have had a lot of experience shouldn't attempt.

At the dealer they actually gave me a paper copy of the application and asked me to fill it or do it online, being a tech guy, I though I'd do it on the website, but my mistake was, instead of going to the dealer's website, I submited it on Honda's website where the error happened and no further information was provided, the dealer on the other hand, was able to point out issues and make suggestions, I do hate automated applications but I didn't know they were handled differently since the dealer said that Honda handles the whole thing and nothing about them helping me, that was until I made my second trip, all I can say is lesson learned, I'd rather deal with the individuals than Honda's (Or anybody's for that matter) flawed systems!

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

im glad it worked out for you in the end! i saw this thread when you first started it but didn't have anything useful to offer.. but yes i agree always go to the dealership! im onto my second lease after an early upgrade and have never.. ever.. never... called honda financial.. any question i had always went straight back to the dealer where they know me..

congrats OP!

Thank you Sasha! I'm actually more familiar with the process now and learned my lesson since this is my first time leasing/Financing a vehicle considering that I just paid cash for my first vehicle a couple years ago. Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.