Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Honda Financing

tag
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

Re: Honda Financing

Wow, I was at Honda and got a SP on my credit for a CPO as well.

For Tier 1 (710+) I was offered 3.7% financing from American Honda Financial with 20% down.

Still looking at the new Ridgeline with the new body style and 4WD...

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah we had about 5K in negative equity we had to roll into the new loan so that made it a bit more difficult lol.

We did end up putting a little less than 10% down though

Message 12 of 14
D10001
Valued Member

Got pre-approved by Honda Thursday morning for more than I wanted/needed.  They make it in the pre-approval that they don't guarantee any APR in the pre-approval.  Got pinged by Experian immediately.

When I bought the car this morning and put 10% down, the dealer ran me through Honda again and I got an Experian ping again.  I guess it doesn't matter.  Two hard pulls by the same lender in two days ought to count as one.

In the end, with an Experian FICO at 734, I got the 0% deal with no fees.

On a sad note, my very unreasonable wife won't allow me to use the new car as my mobile cigar lounge.

Message 13 of 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@D10001 wrote:

Got pre-approved by Honda Thursday morning for more than I wanted/needed.  They make it in the pre-approval that they don't guarantee any APR in the pre-approval.  Got pinged by Experian immediately.

When I bought the car this morning and put 10% down, the dealer ran me through Honda again and I got an Experian ping again.  I guess it doesn't matter.  Two hard pulls by the same lender in two days ought to count as one.

In the end, with an Experian FICO at 734, I got the 0% deal with no fees.

On a sad note, my very unreasonable wife won't allow me to use the new car as my mobile cigar lounge.

Congratulations on your approval! Enjoy your new ride!

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.