Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Honda finance approval?

tag
jayy_sc
New Contributor

Honda finance approval?

Hi everyone! I currently am driving a 2015 Honda Accord. I want to trade it in for the 2016, but have negative equity. ~ $3500. I am interested in either an accord EX-L which would be $30,087 out the door or an EX which is $28,237 OTD. I was quoted $17,350 for my trade in (15' accord). I would be putting down $6000 for the downpayment and have my current loan rolled over into the new one. You guys think I would be approved for the loan? My current FICO auto enhanced 8 score is 709 (Experian). I make about $2,100/month. Thanks for your input!

On the road to a positive rebuld!!!!

Current scores:
TU:532
EQ: 578
EX: 547
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Re: Honda finance approval?

What are your current payments? What will new payments be? How did you finance 2015 car? What is your DTI?

Message 2 of 6
jayy_sc
New Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

What are your current payments? What will new payments be? How did you finance 2015 car? What is your DTI?

My current payments are $510.69. New payments would be about $480 for an EX trim and $512 for an EX-L. My current DTI is 33%. I am financing my current car and have made perfect payment history with always paying long before due date and sending  a little more than the monthly payment.

Current scores:
Message 3 of 6
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@jayy_sc wrote:

@lhcole77 wrote:

My current payments are $510.69. New payments would be about $480 for an EX trim and $512 for an EX-L. My current DTI is 33%. I am financing my current car and have made perfect payment history with always paying long before due date and sending  a little more than the monthly payment.

Sounds like you're in good shape Smiley Happy  The DTI looks in the acceptable range (from what I've experienced) and the fact that monthly payment is going down, well that's always a good thing.

Will you be financing with same company?

Message 4 of 6
jayy_sc
New Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

@jayy_sc wrote:

@lhcole77 wrote:

Sounds like you're in good shape Smiley Happy  The DTI looks in the acceptable range (from what I've experienced) and the fact that monthly payment is going down, well that's always a good thing.

Will you be financing with same company?

yes, i'll be financing again with the same lender.

Current scores:
Message 5 of 6
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@jayy_sc wrote:

yes, i'll be financing again with the same lender.

I would imagine that you'll be approved.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.