cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many times can the dealership pull your CR?

tag
monicabang
Established Member

How many times can the dealership pull your CR?

I took a chance and applied for a car loan (bad credit) of course I was told they could not help me, even though they said 'guaranteed approval'. Anyway, they have pulled my report a total of 3 times on 3 different days. They even pulled it again after they told me they couldn't help me.
Is there anything I can do about this? My credit score is already low enough, and I believe it goes down 4 pts everytime there is a hard pull of your CR so I don't need it to keep going lower. Thanks!!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Takunda1
Established Contributor

Re: How many times can the dealership pull your CR?

monicabang wrote:
I took a chance and applied for a car loan (bad credit) of course I was told they could not help me, even though they said 'guaranteed approval'. Anyway, they have pulled my report a total of 3 times on 3 different days. They even pulled it again after they told me they couldn't help me.
Is there anything I can do about this? My credit score is already low enough, and I believe it goes down 4 pts everytime there is a hard pull of your CR so I don't need it to keep going lower. Thanks!!

your credit score only goes down once, when auto inquiries are done within a 14 day period. Your score may not suffer from the other pulls, but other creditors may not like all those inq's on your report. I'd go back there and ask them why they are doing that and ask them to remove those inq.

Message 2 of 3
monicabang
Established Member

Re: How many times can the dealership pull your CR?

Oh, okay, I did not realize it would only affect it every 14 days. Still doesn't make sense why they would pull it again from TU if they had already pulled it once. I will ask them to remove the latest inq as you specified below. Thanks for you help!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.