cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to minimize credit pulls-Auto Loan Application

Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: How to minimize credit pulls-Auto Loan Application

Chase back dates I know that for sure. Discover and Amex do not.

Message 21 of 28
A1Credit
Established Contributor

Re: How to minimize credit pulls-Auto Loan Application


@Gmood1 wrote:

Chase back dates I know that for sure. Discover and Amex do not.


Oh shucks! She mentioned that she only has two cards.  One I know for a fact is Discover and I hope her other is not her Macy's AMEX.  I'm hoping I'm right and she has a Chase card.  Thanks again!  You have been a great help.

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 22 of 28
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: How to minimize credit pulls-Auto Loan Application


@A1Credit wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

Chase back dates I know that for sure. Discover and Amex do not.


Oh shucks! She mentioned that she only has two cards.  One I know for a fact is Discover and I hope her other is not her Macy's AMEX.  I'm hoping I'm right and she has a Chase card.  Thanks again!  You have been a great help.


Department Stores National Bank issues the Macy's Amex card. I'm not sure if they backdate or not?

Message 23 of 28
A1Credit
Established Contributor

Re: How to minimize credit pulls-Auto Loan Application


@Gmood1 wrote:

@A1Credit wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

Chase back dates I know that for sure. Discover and Amex do not.


Oh shucks! She mentioned that she only has two cards.  One I know for a fact is Discover and I hope her other is not her Macy's AMEX.  I'm hoping I'm right and she has a Chase card.  Thanks again!  You have been a great help.


Department Stores National Bank issues the Macy's Amex card. I'm not sure if they backdate or not?


That's confusing but good to know.  Now that I think about it, I don't see this card listed on the AMEX website.  Do they have some kind of partnership where they are allowed to issue it on AMEX's behalf?  Sorry if it's a dumb question but I'm still learning.

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 24 of 28
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: How to minimize credit pulls-Auto Loan Application

DSNB pays Amex to use their network and name.

You have a lot of lenders that do this with Amex as well as Visa and MasterCard.

Message 25 of 28
A1Credit
Established Contributor

Re: How to minimize credit pulls-Auto Loan Application


@Gmood1 wrote:

DSNB pays Amex to use their network and name.

You have a lot of lenders that do this with Amex as well as Visa and MasterCard.


Got it!  Thanks for the quick education.

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 26 of 28
A1Credit
Established Contributor

Re: How to minimize credit pulls-Auto Loan Application


@Gmood1 wrote:

@A1Credit wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

Chase back dates I know that for sure. Discover and Amex do not.


Oh shucks! She mentioned that she only has two cards.  One I know for a fact is Discover and I hope her other is not her Macy's AMEX.  I'm hoping I'm right and she has a Chase card.  Thanks again!  You have been a great help.


Department Stores National Bank issues the Macy's Amex card. I'm not sure if they backdate or not?


Ok Gmood1 I was right, she only has an AMEX Macy's card and Discover.  Do you know how I can go about finding out if Department Stores National Bank backdates or not?

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 27 of 28
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: How to minimize credit pulls-Auto Loan Application

You can post the question in the credit card forum.
Asked members that have the card if it back dates for AUs.
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.