Did you mean: 

Hyundai pulled EX and...

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Hyundai pulled EX and...

They pulled a 632 (Auto Enhanced)

My EX Fico is a 690.

so overall, not terrible (Well I mean it is pretty terrible but I guess not as terrible as I thought it could be... I'm not moving forward with them... they didn't seem to interested to try to make a deal (maybe because I did it online) but I have dealt with the guy before and had a great experience with the dealership so was a little surprised but he said "they" don't decide rate or approval, Hyundai does... and while some of that is true I don't buy for a second that they can't make loans go through, etc. and they woudln't even tell me a tier until I did income verification and I'm contract and they said they coudln't use that... I even sent them a recent summary showing my "TOTAL PAY" for last 5 months... he said we need a paystub that has tax deductions, etc.

I wasn't nasty but I wanted to be like which part of 1099 didn't you get... I pay taxes at end of year and we are not there yet Smiley Tongue

anyway, all good Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Hyundai pulled EX and...

My experience is that Hyundai Finance is difficult to deal with if your Auto-Enhanced score is under 680.  

Message 2 of 11
LearningMoreAboutCredit
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

They pulled a 632 (Auto Enhanced)

My EX Fico is a 690.

so overall, not terrible (Well I mean it is pretty terrible but I guess not as terrible as I thought it could be... I'm not moving forward with them... they didn't seem to interested to try to make a deal (maybe because I did it online) but I have dealt with the guy before and had a great experience with the dealership so was a little surprised but he said "they" don't decide rate or approval, Hyundai does... and while some of that is true I don't buy for a second that they can't make loans go through, etc. and they woudln't even tell me a tier until I did income verification and I'm contract and they said they coudln't use that... I even sent them a recent summary showing my "TOTAL PAY" for last 5 months... he said we need a paystub that has tax deductions, etc.

I wasn't nasty but I wanted to be like which part of 1099 didn't you get... I pay taxes at end of year and we are not there yet Smiley Tongue

anyway, all good Smiley Happy

Sorry about your experience...I always llke to treat auto purchases like buying a home...with a preapproved loan from my financial institution.  As you stated, "it's all good".

Any advice given is always YMMV...

Current FICOs: 740+ across the board | Goal: >760 FICO | Total CLs: $63.3k/$60k Goal | Utilization: 19% | Last App: 05/01/2014 | INQ: EX: 10, EQ: 8, TU: 5, All Expire 06/2016; No Collections/Charge Offs/BK's | AAoA: 7yrs.
| All Reports Frozen!!! | No Apps til 12/2015 | Homeowner since: 06/28/13 | White Whales: Marriott Rewards, Discover IT, Sallie Mae WMC, Sams MC
Message 3 of 11
enharu
Super Contributor

did they pull EX only? 

Do you have other auto loans / leases that are still open?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@enharu wrote:

did they pull EX only? 

Do you have other auto loans / leases that are still open?

Yes EX only

no open auto now that I paid off the turned in Infiniti Lease a bit ago

Message 5 of 11
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Thats weird. I didn't have that much trouble getting financed with Hyundai at all. My very first auto loan was with them and they only asked for 3 months of income verification. They were really helpful and nice.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 6 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

Thats weird. I didn't have that much trouble getting financed with Hyundai at all. My very first auto loan was with them and they only asked for 3 months of income verification. They were really helpful and nice.

I'm contract employee... that is where the issue was... I mean they wouldn't tell me a rate but they also said they wouldn't be able to use bank statements or the type of paystubs I have from my employer without tax deductions (guy was clearly a little confused how it works)

I didn't pursue further... so im not sure I would have had problems getting approved if I was a regular employee with paystubs to give them.

Message 7 of 11
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

I just picked up an Elantra last week and they pulled EQ. 726 Auto Enhanced where my wife had a 690 (771 fico!)

Message 8 of 11
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

I'm contract employee... that is where the issue was... I mean they wouldn't tell me a rate but they also said they wouldn't be able to use bank statements or the type of paystubs I have from my employer without tax deductions (guy was clearly a little confused how it works)

I didn't pursue further... so im not sure I would have had problems getting approved if I was a regular employee with paystubs to give them.

I'm a contract employee as well so now I'm really confused! Lol. Maybe it was the dealership screw up and not Hyundai? I would try someone else. Certain dealerships can give car brands really bad names.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 9 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

I'm a contract employee as well so now I'm really confused! Lol. Maybe it was the dealership screw up and not Hyundai? I would try someone else. Certain dealerships can give car brands really bad names.

oh yes I believe it was the dealership mostly.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.