Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got my Yaris!...Here's my story

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my Yaris!...Here's my story

I bought my Yaris the other night and I am so glad it is over and done with! I didn't hit any problems with Toyota...it was really quite easy! I negotiated the price of the Yaris through email. Edmund's had the bottom line price at $13,441 and Consumer Reports had it at $12,680. I got the car for 13,124. I figured it was in between Edmunds and Consumer so I accepted it...plus, they have to make a profit somewhere! Since I was going through my CU and they are located on the east coast (i'm in CA), Toyota had to have me sign an option contract where it says I have 7 days to get them the funds from my CU or their financing kicks in...at a terrible 15%!!! Basically because I have no credit history (when they ran my CR it was a split file...there was nothing on me, but believe me, there's plenty on there!). So, when it came to see the finance manager, it was really bizarre. He said very tiredly (it was closing time at the dealership) "You don't need all that extended warranty and gap stuff do you?" I was like "heck no". He said "good good, lets get this over and done with". Everything was exact...the price, registration fees and tax. They charged a $55 documentation fee, but I heard that is the norm. He then told me to be sure to contact my CU before their rates kick in since they were so high. I contacted my CU first thing yesterday morning....and I got even better news....my loan officer said I got my car on the right day because just the day before they lowered their interest rate from 5.5% to 4.9%!Smiley Happy

Anyway, those of you looking for a good economical inexpensive car I highly recommend the Yaris! It is so much fun to drive and so far gas mileage in the city is superb!
Also, if you are the LA area and wanting a Toyota dealership, the one where I live in Manhattan Beach is great.

Thanks for all your help and advice!

Cheers!
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I got my Yaris!...Here's my story

Congrats Vesper on the car and the great rate!
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. That's awesome. Congrats!
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

ADD GAP INSURANCE WITH YOUR INSURANCE CARRIER ASAP!  If you haven't already.

If you total that car today you are responsible for the gap between what the insurance will pay out and the balance of your new loan.

Cars depreciate 20% when driven off the lot.

CONGRATS ON THE AWESOME RATE!!!
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
ADD GAP INSURANCE WITH YOUR INSURANCE CARRIER ASAP! If you haven't already.
If you total that car today you are responsible for the gap between what the insurance will pay out and the balance of your new loan.
Cars depreciate 20% when driven off the lot.
CONGRATS ON THE AWESOME RATE!!!

Oh, I already did! I did it thru my CU. $250. Thanks!
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woo hoo!! WTG! Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

But the really important questions are ... did you get the hatchback or sedan? what color??  and what's it like driving with the gauges in the middle of the car (as opposed to in front of driver)??
Message 6 of 12
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

masdeocho wrote:

But the really important questions are ... did you get the hatchback or sedan? what color??  and what's it like driving with the gauges in the middle of the car (as opposed to in front of driver)??

My old saturn had the gauges in the middle and I LOVED it..  I didn't realize the Yaris had them there, too!

(Checking out car now, lol)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

But the really important questions are ... did you get the hatchback or sedan? what color?? and what's it like driving with the gauges in the middle of the car (as opposed to in front of driver)??

LOL..I got the hatchback or the "liftback" as they call it. It handles differently than the sedan I think. I got it in "Absolute Red" and the base model..totally retro with the manual windowsSmiley Happy It did have the convenience package (most base's do) so I have the iPod auxilary which is all that I need. I find it is easier having the gauges in the middle. At first I turned my nose up at the Yaris and didn't want to even test drive it because of the gauges and lack of anything in it. But, I ended up loving and laughed at consumer reports for not liking it.

If you really want to see it in action, go to youtube and type in Top Gear Aygo Football. The aygo is the same as the yaris, but euro version.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

masdeocho wrote:

My old saturn had the gauges in the middle and I LOVED it..  I didn't realize the Yaris had them there, too!

(Checking out car now, lol)

I think Mini Coopers have some of their gauges in the middle.

Anyway, congratulations on the new Yaris!!!
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good! I was nervous for you that maybe you didn't get it....some people just say no to GAP don't inquire what it is until they found out the hard way later.

Great Job! It is always a good feeling when you know you did a good job.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.