cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you accept nfcu preqal, how long do you have to use it?

tag
longclimbback
Regular Contributor

If you accept nfcu preqal, how long do you have to use it?

Hi, I've got a nfcu prequalifcation for an auto loan that expires March 31. If I apply and get a confirmation, how long will I have to find a car? Not sure if I would actually buy one or not unless I find something used that would be a good deal. I just wouldn't have time to look until after the 1st of April. Thanks
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: If you accept nfcu preqal, how long do you have to use it?

@longclimbback wrote:
Hi, I've got a nfcu prequalifcation for an auto loan that expires March 31. If I apply and get a confirmation, how long will I have to find a car? Not sure if I would actually buy one or not unless I find something used that would be a good deal. I just wouldn't have time to look until after the 1st of April. Thanks

Careful with applying with NFCU. Im fighting with them right now because I applied for an auto loan and was approved. But rate was way high and I never signed or accepted promissory note. They opened the account ANYWAY and now Im dealing with them and credit bureaus. 

I went with another CU. NFCU told me that when I applied for the loan I was expressing interest and the need for the money to buy something and thats all they need.

Dont know if thats total BS because someone on their end did something they shouldnt have but Im having to fight this with them now.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.