cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the middle of a rebuild & Ally approved me for an auto loan, should I apply for their.........

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the middle of a rebuild & Ally approved me for an auto loan, should I apply for their.........

Ally approved me for an auto loan, that I've paid on time for ten months and not to mention, I paid an additional $5K to the priciple.

Anyway, Ally has a credit card, should I attempt to obtain their credit card, hoping they'd see my outstanding auto loan relationship with them and give me the benefit of the doubt, especially since I've managed my secured credit cards perfectl for a year and a half.

It would be my first completely unsecured prime caredit card.

If BOA, Chase, Discover and Capital One consider other relationships, why wouldn't Ally? 

Now, if I left it up to their algorithms, I know I'll be denied, but if I speak to an actual, real-life(human) credit analyst, wouldn't it be in their best interests and mine to offer and approve me for their credit card?

If I were them, I would!

Just saying!

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: In the middle of a rebuild & Ally approved me for an auto loan, should I apply for their....

@Anonymous wrote:

Ally approved me for an auto loan, that I've paid on time for ten months and not to mention, I paid an additional $5K to the priciple.

Anyway, Ally has a credit card, should I attempt to obtain their credit card, hoping they'd see my outstanding auto loan relationship with them and give me the benefit of the doubt, especially since I've managed my secured credit cards perfectl for a year and a half.

It would be my first completely unsecured prime caredit card.

If BOA, Chase, Discover and Capital One consider other relationships, why wouldn't Ally? 

Now, if I left it up to their algorithms, I know I'll be denied, but if I speak to an actual, real-life(human) credit analyst, wouldn't it be in their best interests and mine to offer and approve me for their credit card?

If I were them, I would!

Just saying!

Any suggestions?

If you think the computer will deny you, best to follow your instincts and wait until your credit report is in a better place.

Perhaps, work on any derogatory or delinquency that is suppressing your scores?

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.