Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Harley helping my Auto score?

tag
bd1980
Established Member

Is Harley helping my Auto score?

Been making early payments since I got it in August, payments are around $400, I pay $500. My fico score is up to 601. Capital one was sending me preapproval papers a few months ago but I didn't want a car then. I want to get one for now. My debt to income is good, I make 50,000 yr.. The car I want is a 2007. Can I call capital one and talk to somebody and can they let me know without doing a hard pull? I'd like to know before I go to the dealer and really start shopping and negotiating so I know where I stand and where I will be payment wise? Thanks! Oh ya, I will be trading in a 05 corolla that is paid for and trade in value is about 5,000 so I guess that will certainly help.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is Harley helping my Auto score?

We can only guess as to what an auto-enhanced FICO would be based on this or that event. I don't specifically know what your Harley note is doing. If scored as an auto loan (should be listed as such on your FICO report), I'd argue that the recentness of the loan is a small drain on your FICO, but that's rapidly departing. You won't know what your score is until you apply, and that's assuming they used an auto-enhanced and also assuming they'd pull the same report you pulled to get the 601.

Message 2 of 4
bd1980
Established Member

Thank you. Is there a way to check with them without the hard hit? Does it help that I've had my CC with them and been very good with utilizing and paying early/on time?
Thanks again!
Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@bd1980 wrote:
Thank you. Is there a way to check with them without the hard hit? Does it help that I've had my CC with them and been very good with utilizing and paying early/on time?
Thanks again!

Not likely. Consumers can't pull an auto-enhanced FICO from anywhere without the help of a lender. There are some banks and CUs out there though who can use a soft inquiry to see if you are pre-approved, though they don't usually use an auto-enhanced FICO. 

Having other credit with the lender may or may not help. It's a YMMV per lender.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.