cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my car payment going to be late and reported to the CB's ? Please help!!!!

tag
glamchick
Established Contributor

Is my car payment going to be late and reported to the CB's ? Please help!!!!

I mailed my car payment in for Oct 1 and they I just received the check back in the mail because I forgot to sign the check.  I tried to call and pay today with Chevy chaes bank and they are closed till Monday.  Today will be 30 days!!!  there is no other way I can pay they dont have a website.  Are they going to put this on my credit report???
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Takunda1
Established Contributor

Re: Is my car payment going to be late and reported to the CB's ? Please help!!!!

I don't understand..who is your finance company? Chevy Chase has online banking.
Message 2 of 7
glamchick
Established Contributor

Re: Is my car payment going to be late and reported to the CB's ? Please help!!!!

They have online banking for checking.... but not for auto loans.  You cant pay it at there bank locations either.
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 3 of 7
johnsj21
Regular Contributor

I hate to break it to you but they will report if it wasn't recd by the 31st.  when you call and make the payment explain your situation and they might be willing to not report since it's obvious they recd your payment earlier.
9/26/08 TU: 528 EQ: 558 EX: 560
11/7/08 TU:584 EQ:601 EX 600
7/21/09 TU:636 EQ:626
12/27/11 TU: 675 EQ:680
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is always a 1-800 number for payment by phone (sometimes with fee) with any loan....

I always mail my car payment and look online at my bank daily until it clears.....I had a new car payment due the 21st of Oct., I mailed it Oct. 16th...when it didn't clear my online banking by the 20th I called to verify......

I suggest everyone do this, until it clears the bank (which is 24 hours from deposit) it doesn't count as getting paid.....

Message 5 of 7
voidman
Established Contributor

Usually with lenders, if the check is not honored it is as good as no payment or missed..... I usually show the check to my wife to cross-varify if everthing is good, and she has caught few mistakes before I posted it, and one of them was not signing the check.

Well it's not a solution to your original problem but i hope this tip helps you in the future.

-void
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does your finance company have EFT?  I do that with GMAC every month and it's so much easier.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.