cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just thought I would share a navy federal approval story with question.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just thought I would share a navy federal approval story with question.

So I am a recent member to both navy fed and myfico. They approved me for a cash rewards card and 2k limit. They sent me a letter stating I have a 632 eq score. I applied for 12000 for a 2002 corvette with 94 k miles. I got approved at 9.09%. A bit higher but I don't show any auto loans on credit at all. Last one I had I repoed in 2008 and is now off my credit. I just got back in the credit game in August and I show 670ish ficos for ex and TU and 630is eq. Just super stoked that I got approved for a older model @ 48 months and I could have gone as long as 72 for financing. I did however opt into the life insurance disability and loss of employment coverage. It adds 20/ month to the loan but I am the main breadwinner. Good move or sucker move? Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Grafton88
Established Contributor

Re: Just thought I would share a navy federal approval story with question.

Sometimes you have to take some extra charges to get into the game.

You now have your foot in the door to a great CU.  Perhaps after 1 year you could refinance at a lower rate.

Work on getting your scores up.  Watch for the times that NFCU will let you do a CLI on your card.  You will notice posts on the CC forums telling you when this happens.  

Enjoy your Vette.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.. Enjoy your new ride..

Message 3 of 5
surferchris
Valued Contributor

@Grafton88 wrote:

Sometimes you have to take some extra charges to get into the game.

You now have your foot in the door to a great CU.  Perhaps after 1 year you could refinance at a lower rate.

Work on getting your scores up.  Watch for the times that NFCU will let you do a CLI on your card.  You will notice posts on the CC forums telling you when this happens.  

Enjoy your Vette.

+1

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm glad that I saw this post because I've been wondering who might finance me on an older (2005) M3. Just curious though if there are mileage caps, because most of the cars I'm looking at have over 120k miles?

Congratulations btw on your purchase!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.