Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kia Finance account closed remark added

tag
ooeemusic
Established Member

Kia Finance account closed remark added

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this or not. In May I traded in my 2015 Sportage lease. The dealership bought it out and I bought a 2019 sportage. I just got a notification that the account has been closed on my Equifax (which I expected, as, well, it should be closed), but, also they added a "comment" that it was a "lease - early termination". They have the Activity Designator listed as "Paid and Closed" do I need to worry about this comment and/or is it something I should dispute as it wasn't an early termination, it was a buyout by the dealership?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ooeemusic
Established Member

Re: Kia Finance account closed remark added

Bump. Anyone? It doesn't seem like the account status is listed as anything negative, but, the remark concerns me because it's incorrect.

Message 2 of 3
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Kia Finance account closed remark added

You can try to dispute it but technically the note is correct.  Regardless of how the lease was terminated it was, in fact, terminated. 

I can tell you that we sold a Toyota a year early on a lease, it is only listed as Paid and Closed, nothing about early termination.  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.