cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kia Finance account closed remark added

Highlighted
Established Member

Kia Finance account closed remark added

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this or not. In May I traded in my 2015 Sportage lease. The dealership bought it out and I bought a 2019 sportage. I just got a notification that the account has been closed on my Equifax (which I expected, as, well, it should be closed), but, also they added a "comment" that it was a "lease - early termination". They have the Activity Designator listed as "Paid and Closed" do I need to worry about this comment and/or is it something I should dispute as it wasn't an early termination, it was a buyout by the dealership?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Established Member

Re: Kia Finance account closed remark added

Bump. Anyone? It doesn't seem like the account status is listed as anything negative, but, the remark concerns me because it's incorrect.

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Kia Finance account closed remark added

You can try to dispute it but technically the note is correct.  Regardless of how the lease was terminated it was, in fact, terminated. 

I can tell you that we sold a Toyota a year early on a lease, it is only listed as Paid and Closed, nothing about early termination.  

Ch 7 Discharge 3/12/2018
Cap One VentureOne $3,500, CapOne Savor $3,000, Kohls $2,000, BBVA $2,500

Closed CreditOne $800, Blaze MC $3,000, Waufair $5,000

Infiniti Financial lease
Subaru/Chase 1.99%

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.