Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kia Finance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kia Finance

What is your experience with Kia Finance?

How long did it take for Kia to allow you to register for an online account? I try to enter my VIN keeps saying invalid and its been almost a week since the dealer “sent it for funding” but they already paid off my car that was underwater and I recieved a call to put on my tint on my car at the dealership. I already see my old car on their website that I traded in but still see the Kia I purchased. I also received a denial letter from Kia Finance

This whole deal stinks to high heaven - Not sure its a way for them to corner me to sign different terms. I called Kia Finance they said it takes 2-3 weeks which I find absurd when DCU and Volkswagen Credit took 2-3 days.
8 REPLIES 8
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Kia Finance

Chase took a week and a half to get mine done. Having worked there, I'm not surprised. I should also note, it depends on when and how the dealer sent the paperwork. The dealers would normally send the contracts 2-3 day and they would pack all the deals together, but there were some dealerships that would send week or 2 week batches to cut down on costs. 

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow - week and half.
Maybe I am jumping the gun here but I really don’t trust dealerships that is why I am skeptical. I texted the financed manager and waiting for his reply, and will follow up.

On the Gap application instead of saying Kia Finance - it says “option.”
Message 3 of 9
Dragen
Established Member

I leased through KMF last December; I picked up the car 12/14 and my account was active on their site the morning of 12/21. From what I read on my car's forum, some accounts go up quickly, some take as long as two weeks. Yours should be showing any day now.

Good luck.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine took almost 2 weeks. I thought maybe they were shopping me around and kept calling me for different pieces of information. Made me go down to sign missed papers. All kinds of issues I had never experienced anywhere else. I really thought I was going to get a call saying bring the car back. But it turnedo out good and only pull was from them so it was all good.

Message 5 of 9
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Wow - week and half.
Maybe I am jumping the gun here but I really don’t trust dealerships that is why I am skeptical. I texted the financed manager and waiting for his reply, and will follow up.

On the Gap application instead of saying Kia Finance - it says “option.”

Yeah, I got my plates in 10 days. Didn't get confirmation from chase for another day or two. I remember my first car and I didn't know how long it would take to get my plates. My temp tag expired and I found out because I was pulled over and the cop pointed it out. Went to the dealership and they hadn't sent out my paperwork yet.

As for the GAP, it's provided by a 3rd party. The bank just folds the cost into your loan.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Finance guy never replied back to my texts nor has he answered/returned my calls 

So, I am assuming the deal is closed? lol

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Think hard..if you have their car and they don’t have their money they will absolutely let you know...
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The Finance guy never replied back to my texts nor has he answered/returned my calls 

So, I am assuming the deal is closed? lol

No your just fine.  By law they have to send you denial letters for everything that they run your SSN through.  They may have had to restructure it for the KIA finance and it was already processed.  Trust me, they know within an hour if they can get you financed, and another 24 to know "for sure". It took the dealership 3 weeks to get me my plates, but if it has been past the 7 day mark, your approved.  If they shotgunned your app, wait for allllll of the denial letters to come through the mail!  LOL! 

I went shopping for a replacement vehicle after my other one that I only had for 5 months, was totaled 5 weeks ago. Then at 3 diffrent dealerships, they ran my credit and I got like 17 denials, even though I told them I ONLY wanted NMAC, in which that is who financed me anyways in the first place for the totaled car, they did no hard pull, because this one was a replacment by the insurance companies replacment car program, go figures.... 

Your all good. Don't worry.  They would have yo-yo financed you within 7 days  :0)  Don't get the windows titnted till the 3rd week, just in case they try to keep the car on the lot!  LOL.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.