cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kia Financing - Which credit bureau do they use?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kia Financing - Which credit bureau do they use?

For those dealers/buyers who used in-house KIA Motors Finance in the past, which credit bureau did KMF use to get the credit score from? I'm curious as my scores are all different. My lowest (EX) is 30 points away from the highest (TU + EQ). And was Auto Score 8 or 9 used? My 9 scores are also higher than my 8 scores.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Cowboys4Life
Frequent Contributor

Re: Kia Financing - Which credit bureau do they use?

@Anonymous wrote:

For those dealers/buyers who used in-house KIA Motors Finance in the past, which credit bureau did KMF use to get the credit score from? I'm curious as my scores are all different. My lowest (EX) is 30 points away from the highest (TU + EQ). And was Auto Score 8 or 9 used? My 9 scores are also higher than my 8 scores.

I bought a new Kia back in November.  When I asked at my dealer they said they pull EX and that rang true as my phone went off for EX first and TU/EQ later.  They use FICO 8 auto.  

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cowboys4Life wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I bought a new Kia back in November.  When I asked at my dealer they said they pull EX and that rang true as my phone went off for EX first and TU/EQ later.  They use FICO 8 auto.  

So they ran all 3? Did they go with the highest score?

Message 3 of 9
DebtStinks
Established Contributor

Kia/Hyundai only pull alternate bureau if there's a justified reason. For example they pull Equifax/Experian for most (depening on residence zip code) and would pull Transunion ONLY if the dealership called in and told them you have higher score(s) on TU because your auto loan history or mortgage history, etc only reports to TU.

I hope this helps and best of luck!

FYI, I worked for a Hyundai/Kia dealer in the finance office for 7 years.

NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 (Opened 1/19) - NFCU Platinum $21000 (Opened 1/21) - TTCU Platinum Visa $10000 (Opened 10/18) - Discover $5500 (Opened 11/21) - Barclays View MC $5000 (Opened 1/19) - Capital One Platinum $3500 (Opened 2/19) - Capital One World Elite MC $1000 (Opened 3/21) - Target Store Card $2000 (Opened 10/18) - Floor & Decor Store Card $42500 (Opened 10/18)
Closed - PenFed $35,000 - Cap1 World Elite MC $11,200
Total CL - $115500

CH7 BK Filed 8/1/17 Discharged 11/7/17

Scores as of 2/18/21:

Inquiries Last 12 Months:
Message 4 of 9
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

It probably is different depending on location, but in my case it was EX. I bought my new Kia back in 2019 in Colorado. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 5 of 9
jmcmillan
Frequent Contributor

@DebtStinks wrote:

FYI, I worked for a Hyundai/Kia dealer in the finance office for 7 years.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I wanted to ask if Hyundai financing is BK friendly. Do you know?

Message 6 of 9
DebtStinks
Established Contributor

They sure are. I've personally got customers approved right after discharge and I personally have a balloon loan through them that I obtained 1 year after my CH7 discharge.

NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 (Opened 1/19) - NFCU Platinum $21000 (Opened 1/21) - TTCU Platinum Visa $10000 (Opened 10/18) - Discover $5500 (Opened 11/21) - Barclays View MC $5000 (Opened 1/19) - Capital One Platinum $3500 (Opened 2/19) - Capital One World Elite MC $1000 (Opened 3/21) - Target Store Card $2000 (Opened 10/18) - Floor & Decor Store Card $42500 (Opened 10/18)
Closed - PenFed $35,000 - Cap1 World Elite MC $11,200
Total CL - $115500

CH7 BK Filed 8/1/17 Discharged 11/7/17

Scores as of 2/18/21:

Inquiries Last 12 Months:
Message 7 of 9
jmcmillan
Frequent Contributor

@DebtStinks wrote:

They sure are. I've personally got customers approved right after discharge and I personally have a balloon loan through them that I obtained 1 year after my CH7 discharge.

Thank you for the response.

Message 8 of 9
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Every lender is BK friendly as long as you can meet the stips they require. Auto loans are one of the easiest loans to obtain.

I will say again what I always say...a good down payment can overcome a multitude of sins.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.