Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kia financing question

tag
killnfool
Valued Member

Kia financing question

So I'm about to apply online for Kia financing. On the app, it's making me select a specific dealer. Does that mean that I can only use that dealer or will it approve me for a certain amount/terms and let me shop around at whatever Kia dealer I want?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
settleordelete
Regular Contributor

Re: Kia financing question

You can select any dealer on their website and once approved you can take a printed copy of the approval to another one.
I've been where you are trying to go and I don't wanna go back.
Message 2 of 12
killnfool
Valued Member

Ok great. That's what I figured but just wanted to double check. I'll probably have to shop around to get the trim and options combo I want.
Message 3 of 12
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Have you checked out the CapitalOne Navigator site to see if you qualify? They allow you to do Soft Pull qualification (hard pull needed for final approval). If the Kia dealer meets your needs great, but always good to have your own financing available.

Message 4 of 12
killnfool
Valued Member

Yes, I have but the 0% APR and cash rebates Kia financing offers are the better way to go.
Message 5 of 12
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

You should be good to go at any Kia dealer. Congrats on your future new Kia! I got a 2019 Rio a few months ago and I LOOOOOVE it! Exciting stuff....

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 6 of 12
killnfool
Valued Member

Well I submitted the app and was approved but it doesn't however list the APR and only defaulted to the base EX MSRP amount because the closest dealer only had base EX Niros in stock. It seems like trying to avoid haggling APRs at the dealer isn't going to happen now. Am I missing something? Will I have to reapply to get approved for an EX Premium or Advance Tech? The whole point of trying to apply online was to avoid a battle with the dealer finance guys.
Message 7 of 12
settleordelete
Regular Contributor

I was approved by Hyundai (affiliate of KIA) last week. I took a printed copy of the preapproval to my local dealer to do a lease buyout or purchase another Santa Fe. Hyundai offered 8.9% for 60 months for the buyout but offered 0.9% for 60 and cash off for a new one listed at $42,000. I didn't take either offer. Instead, I used my bank financing to purchase my lease. You should be fine if you're buying a new KIA.
Message 8 of 12
settleordelete
Regular Contributor

I did call my dealer (finance department)before I arrived to confirm what rates were available to me and my situation. But you know things can change once they get you there.

Good Luck.
Message 9 of 12
killnfool
Valued Member

Yeah, it was just a real battle to just get the price close to what I wanted. The sales guy is really condescending and was really pushing his crappy 4.9% $2500 CB even when I said I had financing already (Capitol One). I'd much rather have the 0%apr and only $1000 CB or else just use the Cap One financing. I just know it'll be a battle to get that now, they'll pull shenanigans with rates, I thought applying online would avoid that.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.