Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lease Reflecting On CRBs

tag
CivalV
Established Contributor

Lease Reflecting On CRBs

Its about to be one month since I signed my lease and I just received a 30 point decrease on EQ due to the lease reporting... WHAT IN THE WORLD. Is this normally? Will I regain the points back? I went from good credit to fair 🥺😭

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Lease Reflecting On CRBs

Disregard my post. Misread and thought you meant apartment lease... Need more coffee.

You'll gain points as car lease decreases.

Message 2 of 4
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

I've only known a lease to report derogatory info. Such as unpaid rent, or a broken lease. Never have I seen a active lease report monthly.

Did you subscribe to Experian Boost by chance?

I've only seen the opposite from Infiniti/Nissan and Toyota. It reports the total of payments as the balance.

OP - it is normal for a score drop when a new account hits and then an increase over the next 6 months.

Message 3 of 4
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@sccredit wrote:

@blindambition wrote:

I've only known a lease to report derogatory info. Such as unpaid rent, or a broken lease. Never have I seen a active lease report monthly.

Did you subscribe to Experian Boost by chance?

I've only seen the opposite from Infiniti/Nissan and Toyota. It reports the total of payments as the balance.

OP - it is normal for a score drop when a new account hits and then an increase over the next 6 months.

I completely spaced. Misread as apartment lease, not car lease. It's gonna be one of THOSE days!! ☕️ ☕️ ☕️ 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.