cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leasing a Car with 11 Late Payments/FICO Score 689

tag

Leasing a Car with 11 Late Payments/FICO Score 689

My past 2 leases that I have had have been with VW Credit.  My first lease I had no missed or late payments at all....On my second lease, 6 months into the lease, I was diagnosed with Cancer, and was unable to make payments on time, due to growing health care bills.  Once I was finished with Chemotherapy, I was able to make regular on time payments for the duration of the lease.  I am looking to lease another car, but am worried about the late payments on my credit report.  I wrote VW Credit a GW letter, asking them if they would be so kind as to help me with a few payments, but no luck.  I got in the mail, a statement of the payments that I made to VW with the dates and the amounts.  I NEED A NEW CAR ASAP......What should I do?  Was thinking about a Toyota, Kia or Hyundai!!!!!   HELP!!!!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Re: Leasing a Car with 11 Late Payments/FICO Score 689

Have you approached VW.  If you ultimately brought it current and made all the remaining payments, they might be forgiving?

Is there a reason you need to lease instead of buying?

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Leasing a Car with 11 Late Payments/FICO Score 689

If they were not recent lates you are probably fine.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.