Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leasing a new car after chapter 7

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Leasing a new car after chapter 7

I will reaffirming my current lease when I file Chapter 7.  I will have approximately a year and a half of payments left before leasing a new car.  I have never been late with my lease payments.   Wondering if anyone has an idea of how much trouble I will have getting a new lease or keeping the car that I currently have?    I saw that it will be very difficult unless my credit score is at least 620, but no idea how long it will take to achieve that.    Any insight would be great!   Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Leasing a new car after chapter 7

What are your credit scores now?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Leasing a new car after chapter 7

@Anonymous wrote:

I will reaffirming my current lease when I file Chapter 7.  I will have approximately a year and a half of payments left before leasing a new car.  I have never been late with my lease payments.   Wondering if anyone has an idea of how much trouble I will have getting a new lease or keeping the car that I currently have?    I saw that it will be very difficult unless my credit score is at least 620, but no idea how long it will take to achieve that.    Any insight would be great!   Thanks!

A year and a half is PLENTY of time to rebuild and if done properly, you will have no issue getting nearly top tier terms when it is time.

Visit the BK forum and plan your rebuild carefully. Slow and steady wins the race. Pay attention to the number of new accounts you get and keeping your inquiries and utilization low.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.