cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lexus New vs. Certified Used in California Offers/Rates?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Lexus New vs. Certified Used in California Offers/Rates?

Looking at a Certified 2012 CT 200h or possibly brand new if lease offer would be that much better.

Is 1.9% about best rate right now through Lexus?

what is good lease term for certified used?

I don't see the special that was running last month even available anymore on new ones but I assume you can still lease, they are just not advertising the $299/month with like $3k down they had before. is there an offer out currently not shown on website?

I assume the auto enhanced Fico would be higher but a 710+ should get it done right? I know Toyota is on the easier side and 650 gets you leased at a non tier 1.

not that important but my as well cover it, do they happen to pre-approve or offer the Lexus Credit Card at time of new vehichle purchase or lease?? I heard BMW was doing this for a while but have not heard Lexus or Toyota.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Lexus New vs. Certified Used in California Offers/Rates?

I like those cars. Admired one on the freeway today for several miles. They look great (I usually hate wagons/hatchbacks), appear to handle well, and what like 40+ MPG.

Have you checked what is on the private party market? Maybe the 1% extra on the loan would be worth the savings.

I would say buy, don't lease...unless you are worried about the longevity of the batteries ect. The car should be fine for long term ownership.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 2 of 10
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Do you have a trade in with some equity or are you able to put more than $3k down? 20% plus tt&l would be great..

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 3 of 10
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Why are you looking at certified vehicles? 

They just seem to be high retail plus the cost of a warranty thus being very high retail.

You should be able to get a decent used 2012 from a dealer for around $25k. I hope the ones you are looking at aren't too much more.

Message 4 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

1. I can put down what ever but if we buy and rate is 2-3%, why put anything down,.
2. If we lease, I'll put the $2k down for special or whatever it is.
3. Used/certified... Tell me if you find something differently but very few used! Car max has 1. Cars.com has like 14 and they are all around $25-29k so I prefer the certified dealer loaner that only has 6k miles vs. the ones that are just a few grand less with 25-45k miles.
Also the one is the F LineSmiley Happy
But a $575 car payment wasn't my thinking either so that puts me back to new and lease I think.

Last month they were $299/month but not sure what special is this month and clearly that's without all the options I want
Message 5 of 10
mtrsprt
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:
1. I can put down what ever but if we buy and rate is 2-3%, why put anything down,.
But a $575 car payment wasn't my thinking either so that puts me back to new and lease I think.

You should put as much as you can down.  Otherwise you will need GAP insurance, and you will always be upside down on the vehicle (when purchasing obviously). 

@$575.00 to OWN (much less with a 10-20% down payment), OR....... $299.00+ burned in a fire every month...plus the cost of dues @ signing etc.....

The ONLY vehicle I would ever lease, is one that is about $117.00/month.  Gets 35-39mpg, and is used to get me from point A to B only for cheap transporation. 

Starting Score: 521 TU, 597 EQ, 574 EX on 6/20/2011
Current Score: 753 TU, 764 EQ, 766 EX on 02/17/2014
Goal Score: 720-740 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I always carry Gap on used cars anyway.
I guess I still don't see quite how it's never really good to lease.
Isn't being upside down in a loan the exact opposite of why one argues never to lease because you don't own it? I don't own it financing either and if not keeping more than 36-48 months am I really ahead buying vs. lease?
Message 7 of 10
mtrsprt
Frequent Contributor

Yes... When you purchase, it's yours.  The bank just loans the funds over time.

Lease to me, is like basically just renting/borrowing.  I would never be able to tell someone "Hey! I just rented this new car!" or "Hey! Take a look at this beauty I am borrowing!" 

If you always plan to have a auto loan payment, prefer to drive a new warranteed vehicle through-out the years, then it may be OK for you.  

Are you interested in the Hybrid for fuel economy?  You can get close to that MPG now without spending $30,000.00+ also.   My 1996 Saturn commuter, gets me 35MPG average every tank.  I paid $1700.00 2 years ago. Smiley Happy  My 2013 Supercharged Boss 302 if affordable, only because I commute with the Saturn.  Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 521 TU, 597 EQ, 574 EX on 6/20/2011
Current Score: 753 TU, 764 EQ, 766 EX on 02/17/2014
Goal Score: 720-740 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I need the mpg and our Kia optima "should" get 25-30+ and I average 13... So I want something that handles the constant stop and go better!
Message 9 of 10
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Hybrid or EV is the way to go for city driving.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.