Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loan shows open

tag
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

Loan shows open

I leased two vehicles in November and in April, I traded them in and purchased one. I just saw my report and saw that in one of the leases it still shows Open in EX and the other lease still shows open on all 3! Is this normal?

I have attached a screen shot. The top one is my purchase and the other two are the leases. 

I get plus scores from AMEX and I noticed this as well:

[quote]Installment loans usually carry large fixed monthly payments. Having three or more installment loans tells lenders that you already have committed to some large monthly payments and that you might not be able to take on any additional debt.[/quote]

Should I just leave it be? 

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii613/xiownthisplacex/car.png

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Loan shows open

From a FICO® perspective it's likely not hurting your scores to have the loans showing as open instead of closed. If you have an upcoming major purchase or app you might want to call and ask them to update it, otherwise I wouldn't worry about it.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 7
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

Ok good to know. I don't plan on getting anything anytime soon. Just a thought, would it affect me trying to get CLI on my CC?

Message 3 of 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@xiownthisplacex wrote:

Ok good to know. I don't plan on getting anything anytime soon. Just a thought, would it affect me trying to get CLI on my CC?

It's hard to know how it would look to creditors, YMMV. If a creditor denies you for having too many high installment balances I think you could probably recon the decision fairly easily.
Message 4 of 7
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

Funny pizzadude, the next day I asked this, one of my leases was reported closed to all 3 bureaus lol.

Message 5 of 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Ha Smiley Happy too funny ! I think that your creditors must be lurking at MyFICO® Smiley Tongue
Message 6 of 7
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

I wouldn't be surprised hehe

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.