Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local CU auto loan and moving

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Local CU auto loan and moving

Hey, need some help.

I was approved for an auto loan with a local CU through a dealer about a year ago. I am now moving out of state for work.

Does anyone know if that will force me to refinance with a different lender since I am moving out of my CU’s footprint (it’s in one county).
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Local CU auto loan and moving

No, you'll just provide them with the new address.  

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

Will I be able to register it in my new state?
Message 3 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you!

Will I be able to register it in my new state?

Of course you will.. Nothing changes.. people move all the time and don't have to change lenders or cars Smiley Happy...  Just inform them of new address, change insurance if needed and register it in new state along with new DL.

Message 4 of 6
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the myFICO forums!

With online banking, you should be able to continue to use your current CU. With direct deposit and mobile banking, there really isn't a need to change CUs. On the other hand, the CU that my employer is affiliated with is still in the dark ages and has no app or mobile banking. YEMV

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 5 of 6
jl4
Established Contributor

Did this myself. CU didn't care as long as they got their money and and updated address. Smiley Happy

EQ8: 779 (Inq: 1) | TU8: 771 (Inq: 0) | EX8: 763 (Inq: 4)
Total Rev: $182,500
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.