Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for Car Loan that only pulls Experian

tag
reneasworld
Regular Contributor

Looking for Car Loan that only pulls Experian

Hi,

I am been cleaning up my report because of some mistakes and some credit fraud on my accounts. My cleanest report is Experian which list some collections but no late payments and also had a good previously paid off auto loan.  My EXPERIAN 8 score is 638 but my AUTO 8 is 645 and my AUTO 9 is 662. What company pulls EXPERIAN? I am looking to purchase a Hyuandai Palisade with options that would be a little under $40,000. My yearly income is a little over $80,000. My credit utilization is under 1%.

Thanks.

Starting Scores (5/2014): EQ 569, TU 601, EX 589
Current Scores (07/08/2015): EQ 640, TU 640, EX 654
Goal (12/2015): 700 across the board
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking for Car Loan that only pulls Experian

Visions FCU NY/NJ is a local credit union that only uses Experian 5 mortgage scores.

Message 2 of 18
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

If you are cleaning up your reports because fraud, wouldn't it be best to wait until those are off your report before financing a 40k car? At your current scores, it's not going to be pretty.

You can sort through here:

https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?/creditpulls/

Best bet is to find a credit union that pulls Experian. If you have an Amex, this might be a good resource:

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/benefits/detail/auto-purchase-program/delta-reserve

The larger credit card companies can vary their pulls upon state, so it is a best guess approach. Credit unions are generally smaller, so it is more likely they MIGHT only use a particular bureau.

Message 3 of 18
CCrew
Regular Contributor

Guaranteeing that a lender will only pull Experian is a dart throw at best. I'll admit to having a soft spot for buying vehicles, and recently I'm seeing an uptick in both dealers and some finance companies pulling through a company out of CA Called CREDCO, where they're pulling all three bureaus at the same time so they can see all the scores and tailor where to send it for the best chance of approval. 

Message 4 of 18
reneasworld
Regular Contributor

@randomguy1 wrote:

If you are cleaning up your reports because fraud, wouldn't it be best to wait until those are off your report before financing a 40k car? At your current scores, it's not going to be pretty.

Best bet is to find a credit union that pulls Experian. If you have an Amex, this might be a good resource:

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/benefits/detail/auto-purchase-program/delta-reserve

The larger credit card companies can vary their pulls upon state, so it is a best guess approach. Credit unions are generally smaller, so it is more likely they MIGHT only use a particular bureau.

Yeah, it would be nice if at this time I did not need reliable transportation. My job supports my income and the travel and movement that I make for my job is dependent on my transportation.

Message 5 of 18
reneasworld
Regular Contributor

@CCrew wrote:

Guaranteeing that a lender will only pull Experian is a dart throw at best. I'll admit to having a soft spot for buying vehicles, and recently I'm seeing an uptick in both dealers and some finance companies pulling through a company out of CA Called CREDCO, where they're pulling all three bureaus at the same time so they can see all the scores and tailor where to send it for the best chance of approval. 

Thanks, but there are numerous lenders that only pull Experian. See my post below.

Message 6 of 18
reneasworld
Regular Contributor

So, I reached out to a friend of mine and they are working on the deal for me right now. He works as a finance director for a local car dealer. 

The list of companies that pull Experian only in South Florida:

Capital One

PNC

Santander

Ally

Message 7 of 18
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@reneasworld wrote:

So, I reached out to a friend of mine and they are working on the deal for me right now. He works as a finance director for a local car dealer. 

Capital One

PNC

Santander

Ally

Pretty sure Capital One will pull all 3 credit bureaus.

Message 8 of 18
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@reneasworld wrote:

@randomguy1 wrote:

Yeah, it would be nice if at this time I did not need reliable transportation. My job supports my income and the travel and movement that I make for my job is dependent on my transportation.

There are plenty of reliable cars under 40k. It was just a suggestion that at your current credit score, you will be paying quite a bit on interest for a 40k car. But if you want a 40k car, what you want is what you want.

Personal finance is personal, but a general rule to follow, I would say spend up to 35 percent of your annual income on a car.

Message 9 of 18
reneasworld
Regular Contributor

@randomguy1 wrote:

@reneasworld wrote:

Capital One

PNC

Santander

Ally

Pretty sure Capital One will pull all 3 credit bureaus.

I listed the ones that already pulled and know for a fact. Capital One only pulled Experian. I am not sure if it was because of the fact that I knew the finance manager or not.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.