Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for what places approve 60k auto loans or higher

tag
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Looking for what places approve 60k auto loans or higher

I am trying to get an idea of places to apply as it stands right now my score is middle 600 (recently dropped from 750 after refinancing my current car down to 3.4% and adding a couple of credit cards to start establishing revolving credit) and I will be purchasing a home soon as well...once the home is out of the way I plan to build back my score to at least 720 or higher to then apply for a larger car purchase but the only problem is I am getting no ideas of where to apply for larger car loans I see some say to try with a credit union but I've seen some people say a credit union won't do a loan that high?!    So then where would I apply or who offers loans that are 50k plus on vehicles?   Thank you for all the help I thoroughly appreciate it Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking for what places approve 60k auto loans or higher

Credit unions will definitely loan out that much. A lot of them loan over $100k for cars. 

My current loan was through CRB Auto which is a dealer-only bank (you can't call yourself and get financing) but they've been great for me and have had great customer service. My loan was for $58k. 

Plenty of options out there for that amount.

Message 2 of 15
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

CRB Auto?!

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

The question is why are your scores so low? Why do you need a $60K car? I see so many people on here trying to buy cars that are completely unaffordable. If you have to ask if you will be approved or searching for an underwriter that will write you for an expensive loan you probably should not be looking I'm that price range.
Message 4 of 15
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Did you read my post?!    Sorry I hope that doesn't come across rude but I'm not looking to get this loan for at least a couple years after it's back up over 720 I had it over 750 I'm wanting to know the best places or places in general that do loans that high the car is affordable to me now but my score isn't where I want it to be as I just did a few life changes and I am about to buy my house literally in the next few months Smiley Happy     I just want to know what places offer these type of loans so I don't waste my time or hits on places that won't even offer loans of that amount.    I hope that better explains?!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 15
Indianaguy
Valued Member

Like one said , I would walk into a credit union and talk to the finance manager. Tell them what your plan is in a year or 2 . Ive always made a trip to my credit union first to tell them what i want and then we work out the rate they can offer me , for my higher end cars - credit unions has always came through for me.

Good luck

Current fico score 2018 TU762 EQ755 EX760 >
NFCU Cash Rewards18k-NFCU Platinum 18k- Discover 2kcli 9000>13500 - Chase I Freedom 5k- Citi Cash 5k-Burgdorf Goodman 7k-VS5k-True Value Discover3k-Firestone 5k-Carecredit 7k>18k-Amazon9k-Walmart10k-2 Car loans-2 Mortgages- 2 Home Improvement Loan
1 SUV Charge-off that's paid that I co-signed for falls off 7/2016

Buying my second GT-R in 2018
Update approved 2018 BCE SL2700 cli to 9000 and Chase freedom unlimited 6800 SL
Message 6 of 15
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Yes it seems to be what everyone ends up telling me is try with the Credit Union it wouldn't hurt since the car I recently refinanced was through them perhaps after I pay it off it will give me better odds Smiley Very Happy    Ty

Message 7 of 15
rileydude
Valued Member

NFCU just approved me for 63k, so did USAA. I did apply with Penfed as well and it is still under review..APR is between 3.29 and 4.04%.
Message 8 of 15
rileydude
Valued Member

One more thing, DTI certainly is more important to underwriters than utilization,unlit's like crazy high. They also dont care about inquiries, at least that's what I was by the underwriter from USAA and when I talked to Audi Finances.
Message 9 of 15
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@rileydude     My DTI right now is under 6% once I get a home I know it will go up but by the time I am ready the vehicle I'm paying on now will be paid off so the only larger payment I'll have will be the home I know they want to be 10% and under for Income to be used on vehicle is that about right for you?!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.