Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking into a lease or loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking into a lease or loan

My current car is slowly taking its toll on the pocket book, so have decided to look into loans or leases. Some information, My EX is Auto 8 is 689, Eq 581, and TU 701. Total Utilization between cards is 16% and make around $45,000 a year.

My Eq is weighed down with $1800 in hospital Bill's, but other than that, 100% on time with all CC payments. This will be my first loan or lease, I started payments through the collector for my debt at $50/mo as wanted to pay it in full come bonus time.

I'm afraid of doing a lease due to hearing places like Toyota financial are CFA's, been working hard on my scores for awhile, wouldn't want them hurt.

Anyone have any advice? Any good auto loan companies that pull from EX and TU? Is leasing worth it if its through Toyota Financial (they will pull all 3 and use the best score to finance me.)
13 REPLIES 13
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Re: Looking into a lease or loan

So I have an auto loan with Toyota Financial. My car is a Mazda, but TFS was the only approval at the dealership that was lower than my DCU loan. They do not report as a CFA on my report, but I financed so I don’t know if that matters. I should mention that TFS has been great and their website is easy to use and make payments. The app needs work though.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the input. I shopped around across 100 miles and found the car I wanted, with many dealerships trying to compete, so that's a plus.

I go in next Friday to test drive it and go through financials. Being the first time doing this, is it better to get there earlier? Or does time frame not matter when it comes to financing and driving away?
Message 3 of 14
settleordelete
Regular Contributor

I bought a new Toyota in June using TFS (pulled my Tu and Eq reports here in Texas). TFS appears on all 3 of my bureau reports as an auto loan and not a consumer finance account. Dealers have alot of sales traffic on Fridays and Saturdays. I went in around 10 am on a Saturday and was driving away before 1pm. This was my third time using TFS and the finance department at this dealer was amazing and easy to deal with as always.
I've been where you are trying to go and I don't wanna go back.
Message 4 of 14
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

My process took longer. I went in on a Saturday around 10am, took the car for a test drive, and then started the paperwork. I didn’t leave the dealer until around 4pm! It can be a long process (especially if they’re busy) so earlier can be better. FYI, I just checked my reports and TFS only pulled Experian.

By the way, I highly suggest that you try to go in with a preapproval so that you have leverage. Check out Capital One Auto Navigator and see if you get any offers. It’s only a soft pull, so you can see where you’ll stand (regarding interest rate).

Message 5 of 14
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My current car is slowly taking its toll on the pocket book, so have decided to look into loans or leases. Some information, My EX is Auto 8 is 689, Eq 581, and TU 701. Total Utilization between cards is 16% and make around $45,000 a year.

My Eq is weighed down with $1800 in hospital Bill's, but other than that, 100% on time with all CC payments. This will be my first loan or lease, I started payments through the collector for my debt at $50/mo as wanted to pay it in full come bonus time.

I'm afraid of doing a lease due to hearing places like Toyota financial are CFA's, been working hard on my scores for awhile, wouldn't want them hurt.

Anyone have any advice? Any good auto loan companies that pull from EX and TU? Is leasing worth it if its through Toyota Financial (they will pull all 3 and use the best score to finance me.)

What is a CFA???

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Consumer Finance Account. I dont know much about them, but read alot about them ruining your credit.

Got approved by toyota financial for the Lease on my new 2019 Camry. Drove it out of the showroom Friday with 2 miles on it, a $50 gas card, a bunch of swag, and got $1500 knocked off price. $429 a month.

Applied for the PP 2% CB MC today and got approved with a starting limit of $500 and overall $1500. Applied for Citibank, was told to wait 7 days for further processing, not holding my breath. Both pulled TU though. Dumped my Creditone onto my Discover and canceled today.

Been a busy 2 days!
Message 7 of 14
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

Excellent work.

Would like to know more about these CFAs.

Message 8 of 14
settleordelete
Regular Contributor

Congratulations on your purchase.
I've been where you are trying to go and I don't wanna go back.
Message 9 of 14
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the new card and CC!!!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.