Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to Lease. Question...

tag
djescobar973

Looking to Lease. Question...

GREAT SITE!!!!

I know their are so many scoring models out there that it'll make your head spin. I use 3 sites to monitor my "scores" as best as possible, and use them as a reference as to where I "should" be at.

Credit Karma - TU/695 - EF/701

Experian - FICO 8 - 729

CCT - Experian/729 - TU/728 - EF/737

I have a finance loan with 43 on-time payments.
1 credit card with all on time payments. Usage at 25%

No derogatory remarks, no collections. 2 hard inquiries from last year and should not affect my score as of May.

I pulled all 3 of my free reports and they all pretty much match.

I'm currently in the market to lease a vehicle. I know going to a dealer, they can use any scoring model outside of the ones I mentioned. But do you think they would be that much off to the "scores" I listed? I don't want to waste my time and add any HP's if they are not needed. I also will have a trade in and not under water on that loan. I own a 2011 Jeep wrangler, they hold their value pretty well.

10 REPLIES 10
Cellice
Regular Contributor

Re: Looking to Lease. Question...

What you plan on leasing?

Message 2 of 11
djescobar973

Same Jeep , I just need a 4dr. I currently have a 2 dr. Makes my job a lot harder. 

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@djescobar973 wrote:

Same Jeep , I just need a 4dr. I currently have a 2 dr. Makes my job a lot harder. 

What is the absolute reason you want a lease verus a path to ownership (loan)?  Will this be a business lease by chance?

Message 4 of 11
djescobar973

Honestly I wanted to lease when i took on this loan but having limited credit at the time didnt allow me to do so. I think I am in a better place now, and just appeal to the idea of a lease. I know its not a path to ownership. 

Message 5 of 11
Cellice
Regular Contributor

You wont have any issues getting a lease through Chrystler. You should receive top tier. Find and good dealership and go get your new Jeep. Dealership will likely not run you credit through all their banks when they know you are leasing. I just leased a VW and the only inquiries I received was from the dealership and VW Credit.

Message 6 of 11
djescobar973

Thank you. I just keep reading the horror stories of people going in thinking they have a good score only to be brought down to earth by the dealer with their own scoring model. Final question, do you think going back to the same dealer would make the process that much smoother? or as long as its a chrysler based dealership, I should be ok. 

Message 7 of 11
Cellice
Regular Contributor

@djescobar973 wrote:

Thank you. I just keep reading the horror stories of people going in thinking they have a good score only to be brought down to earth by the dealer with their own scoring model. Final question, do you think going back to the same dealer would make the process that much smoother? or as long as its a chrysler based dealership, I should be ok. 

Well, there is advantages to going to the same dealership as before. I went to the same VW dealership I bought my last two VWs from. They got me the best price because I was a repeat customer and they were able to get me Tier 1 rates eventhough I was borderline. They leveraged their relationship with VW credit to push me over. Not sure if the other dealerships could have done that or would have put the effort in. However, they are banking on that I'll be back in 3 years for another car (which is likely the case if VW has something I want in 3 years,lol)

Get your 3B report on myFico. That should give you a good perspective on all your auto enhanced scores.

Message 8 of 11
Cellice
Regular Contributor

@djescobar973 wrote:

Oh and part of that is people compare the dealerships scores against fake fico scores from places such as creditkarma etc. The report you get on this site gives you a ton of different scores. It should give you the auto enhanced scores that most dealerships use. That should give you a good idea where you fall.

Message 9 of 11
djescobar973

Ahh the 3B MyFico.... How much of a difference would that be from CreditCheckTotal.com 

I'm not really in the mood to fork over 60 bucks if I dont really have to. lol. I guess  I will have to? 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.