Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low interest refinance bank suggestion?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Low interest refinance bank suggestion?

Hello. Can anyone recommend a bank with a low interest car refinance rate? I’m currently paying 3.5% at my local credit union but they make me keep a $500 deductible on my car insurance which I don’t want. I have 750 credit scores. I’m a member of DCU but I see their rates are currently at 3.74% so I was seeing if anyone had other suggestions. Thanks!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MakeItAMudLight
Frequent Contributor

Re: Low interest refinance bank suggestion?

The 3.5% might be hard to beat as interest rates are rising.  Penfed may be a little lower depending on the term.  However in my experience all the CUs require the $500 deductible on your insurance.  

Message 2 of 3
rbentley
Established Contributor

Re: Low interest refinance bank suggestion?

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello. Can anyone recommend a bank with a low interest car refinance rate? I’m currently paying 3.5% at my local credit union but they make me keep a $500 deductible on my car insurance which I don’t want. I have 750 credit scores. I’m a member of DCU but I see their rates are currently at 3.74% so I was seeing if anyone had other suggestions. Thanks!

In my experience almost all lenders will require that you carry comprehenisve insurance with a low deductable in order to protect their lein/security interest in the vehicle.  In much the same way, most mortgage lenders require that you have homeowners insurance.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.