Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowest car rate from Usaa Penfed Navy

tag
sweets2323
Established Member

Lowest car rate from Usaa Penfed Navy

I am trying to pay off all my credit card. Well all but one. There are two cards that doesn't reflect the correct amount yet. Majority of credit cards are updated. 

Goal is to get a car this week or next week

Upromise Barclays $16000 out of $16500; i put 1k on it so it's down to 15000, credit report doesn't reflect yet upromise 

City Furniture $3849 out of $9600 

Amex $1145 out of $6000  

Rooms to go $605 out of $6500 

Lowes $1814 out of $9600 

I really owe zero, credit reports doesn't reflect zero yet 

I recently paid all the up last month 

USAA Ames 0 out of 9800

Home Depot 0 out of 2200

Capital One 0 out of 3500

Jc penny 0 out of 7400

Macys 0 out of 3000

New York & Co 0 out of 820

Care credit 0 out of 4500

My lease is up and based on the economy, 

im now In search of a car loan and trying my hardest to get the lowest rate.

I remember Usaa in the past they didn't really give me a good rate and that's when I decided to lease about 6 years ago. 

my score is 726 on all three credit reports. 
zero inquiries and no late payments 

Credit card usage is 30% not including the few non updated accounts 

23478 out of 77820 

do I have a good chance of getting one of those low rates from navy penn fed or Usaa? 

do I have to have a 
 previous open acct? 

i don't wanna go applying all over and my score drop 

Auto Score 8 Equifax 725
Auto Score 9 Equifax 734 Transunion 717 Experian 718
Auto Loan 5, 4, 2 Equifax 744 Transunion 730 Experian 748
7 REPLIES 7
SouthernCredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: Lowest car rate from Usaa Penfed Navy

Been with USAA for over 20 years, but their pricing lately has been awful - on lots of products. Auto rates not competitive (offered better from CapOne, Chase, BofA, etc). Just bought a new house, and their quote for homeowners was $4000/year more than anyone else, and I have had homeowners with them for 15 years with no claims. Auto insurance was only product that was competitive with anyone, but not so much that I didn't move that too. I kept a VPP policy and a credit card with them to keep my membership alive, but I would look elsewhere if you're looking for low rates. 

Check prequal for CapOne, NFCU, Chase, etc and see what kind of offers you are getting. Should be able to get an idea of where you are without a hard pull. 

Message 2 of 8
sweets2323
Established Member

Do you know what they look for on approvals? 

Auto Score 8 Equifax 725
Message 3 of 8
SouthernCredit
Frequent Contributor

@sweets2323 wrote:

Do you know what they look for on approvals? 

USAA really only likes borrowers that are closer to prime. 680+ and a clean file is probably getting you a decent rate from them, but there are better rates out there with that score. I'd imagine you can get approved with a lower score, but rate wouldn't be great. Years ago in the midst of my rebuild, I tried to refi through them with a 650ish score and clean file except the BK7 still showing and got rejected. I'd imagine the BK was the only reason, but who knows. 

I don't have any experience with Navy to advise on. 

Message 4 of 8
sweets2323
Established Member

Is my file clean? Does it need more work. I paid off so much so far.. 

Auto Score 8 Equifax 725
Message 5 of 8
SouthernCredit
Frequent Contributor

Not sure about your scores or other history. Your approval/denial would be based upon a lot more than your current card utilization. Do you have recent late payments on any accounts (not just credit cards)? Any collections or charge offs? Just looking at utilization is one aspect and not enough to determine what a loan app would look like for you. 

Message 6 of 8
sweets2323
Established Member

All on my credit report ste the cards I listed. My lease from Mercedes' Benz is paid off because the lease is up. I've had two leases from MB and one purchase. Never late.. 

All credit reports show what I listed above..

I had three collections that was deleted. The company contacted the credit bureau and requested that all three deragatories be removed.

all on my report, is what I listed. 
mall three scores are 726. All reports look the same 

Auto Score 8 Equifax 725
Message 7 of 8
moto4man
Regular Contributor

@SouthernCredit wrote:

Been with USAA for over 20 years, but their pricing lately has been awful - on lots of products. Auto rates not competitive (offered better from CapOne, Chase, BofA, etc). Just bought a new house, and their quote for homeowners was $4000/year more than anyone else, and I have had homeowners with them for 15 years with no claims. Auto insurance was only product that was competitive with anyone, but not so much that I didn't move that too. I kept a VPP policy and a credit card with them to keep my membership alive, but I would look elsewhere if you're looking for low rates. 

Check prequal for CapOne, NFCU, Chase, etc and see what kind of offers you are getting. Should be able to get an idea of where you are without a hard pull. 

I couldn't agree more!  Leaving them has saved me thousands...  Although, their ins coverage is second to none I'll give them that.

Starting Score: 547EX
Current Score: 682EX 687EQ 687TU
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.