May I have your Attention Please and Thank you

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

May I have your Attention Please and Thank you

Hello Everyone. .

I am 29 and On Feb. 3rd.
I will 30. . .

1st time having a credit card in over 10 years(I was young and stupid maxed out cards which at the time were only 2 as well I had to settle with both but I paid the settlement amounts thanks to the Lawyer and this is where she got me back to in 2 years- she closed everything down), and now I was allowed to open 1 Card so far- Capital 1 - current interest rate 25.99% - Income $125k a year. Current Limit $1,000.
Oh- I am from Brooklyn, and my taxes are paid in full(Never went on a payment in my life- Thank God) for myself and my company.

my current scores as follows -
Fico Score 8
Equafax 744
Transunion 773
Experian 647(One account still shows negative here- and she said we will finish this end of summer)

Never missed a payment in the past 2 months I had the new C.C. thanks to the app.

So my question is this - Can I lease a car?

(I got a quote on my insurance and they gave me $180 a month full-coverage.)

If I am missing any valuable information regarding any detail to give a better understanding. Please Ask me. I would like to get very detailed if need be.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: May I have your Attention Please and Thank you

Installment loans are always as needed for life. Be it a home loan, car, or whatever. You need a car and aren’t rich enough to pay cash, by all means get a loan. Get the best rate you can and the bigger the down payment the better.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got a quote today for a lease 2018 nissan rogue sv premium package for $1,200 down an $235 a month- so my question is lease or don’t lease or buy? Does leasing have same effect as financing?
Message 3 of 4
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

wrote:
I just got a quote today for a lease 2018 nissan rogue sv premium package for $1,200 down an $235 a month- so my question is lease or don’t lease or buy? Does leasing have same effect as financing?

There are many different reasons people choose to lease or buy. Most leasing is done on luxury vehicles because it allows people to drive $50,000 vehicles at $400 a month instead of financing them over 5-6 years for $800 a month. The downside is that after 2-4 years, you have to lease another vehicle.

I'm not sure of your reasoning behind a lease versus a purchase, but on more mainstream vehicles it's not usually cost-effective to lease unless you don't need a car long term. Leasing the Rogue at that price point (about $27K according to Nissan) is going to be closer to $335 a month, not $235, plus Brooklyn's 8.875% sales tax. Unless there are some massive incentives on that car knocking off 30% of the MSRP,  you're probably looking at $360 a month on a lease. Instead of leasing, you could purchase the car for $414 a month for 72 months and own it. 

Side note: These little crossovers are getting expensive. That Rogue is only $10K less than I paid for my Audi Q3!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.