Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mercedes-Benz Lease approval odds

tag
Ace6
Established Member

Mercedes-Benz Lease approval odds

Hello,

I am currently thinking about taking out a lease, what do you guys think my odds would be for a Mercedes benz lease in PA, my fico scores are as follows:

EQ:

Fico8 683, Auto8: 687, Auto5: 657, Fico 9 668, Auto9 671

TU:

Fico8 695, Auto8 672, Auto4 656, Fico9 660, Auto9 651

EX:

Fico8 683, Auto8 656, Auto2 625, Fico9 659, Auto9 654

My monthly income is 12k. My credit cards are at 2% utilization. Only other think I have on my credit is student loans which currently are on deferment due to the pandemic, and my mortgage is 750 a month. Thank you for any feedback.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Mercedes-Benz Lease approval odds

fairly good imho.. won't get the best lease, but have the income to support a MB and credit shouldnt be an issue as yours isnt in that bad of shape.  How much of a car you looking at leasing be purchase price if bought?  Any $ down, etc?  MBFS at least where i live used TU so assume that would hold true in PA.. Not sure what version of FICO they use but guessing auto enhanced either 8 or 9 at time of my approval although a purchase vs. approval i was in the 800's, but higher 600's still acceptable especially with low DTI which you appear to have and a higher income

Message 2 of 14
Ace6
Established Member

@CreditCuriosity  I am not sure which vehicle possibly an E class which I saw is 60k, I do have up to 30k I can put down, but unsure how much I will place down. I know the higher the vehicle price the more difficult and the more unfavorable the terms.

Message 3 of 14
rostrow416
Established Contributor

If you have 30k you're willing to put down, why not just finance it?

AMEX Gold | Purdue FCU $20,000 | FNBO Evergreen $15,000 | TFCU Plat Visa $15,000 | PenFed Platinum Rewards $15,000 | PenFed Pathfinder $15,000 | Citizen's Bank Cash Back+ $15,000 | Synchrony Premier MC $10,000 | SG Visa $10,000 | NFCU MoreRewards $7,000 | NFCU cashRewards $17,000 | Discover IT $6,000 | Capital One BuyPower $950 | AMEX BCP $5,000 | AMEX Amazon Prime Business $3,000

B&H Payboo Card $15,000 | Amazon Prime Card $10,000 | PC Richard Card $15,000 | Target RedCard $2,000 | Walmart Store Card $1,400 | Shell Gas Card $1,200 | Overstock Store Card $7,000 | Kohl's Store Card $3,000

Spring Cleaning:
C̶a̶p̶i̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶Q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ | C̶r̶e̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶V̶i̶s̶a̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶2̶0̶0̶ | M̶e̶r̶r̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶B̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶$̶2̶,̶7̶0̶0̶ | M̶a̶r̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶c̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶̶2̶0̶0̶ | C̶o̶m̶e̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶C̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶1̶8̶0̶
Message 4 of 14
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

30K is alot of cash for 3-5 year lease!

Your probably better off just financing it at this point.

I do 3 year lease with 0 down but have to pay 3K fees and registration and all...

Also you can try AZEO for next couple of months to boost your score.

Message 5 of 14
Ace6
Established Member

Yeah I don't think I would put 30k down, but I have up to that amount I would feel comfortable putting down depending on the car and terms. I would preferably like to lease something with putting the minimal I have to down.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whoa,

Correct me if I am wrong but anything you put down on a lease is gone forever if the car is totalled?

So if you lease a car for $500 a month with $5,000 down to get Tier 1 and you total that car you have nothing and have to start over.

IMHO it doesn't make sense to put anything down on a lease and I try to not even put down taxes and fees.

Message 7 of 14
Ace6
Established Member

I did not know this, thank you for letting me know. I was under the impression we have to put something down on a lease.

Message 8 of 14
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Whoa,

Correct me if I am wrong but anything you put down on a lease is gone forever if the car is totalled?

So if you lease a car for $500 a month with $5,000 down to get Tier 1 and you total that car you have nothing and have to start over.

IMHO it doesn't make sense to put anything down on a lease and I try to not even put down taxes and fees.

This a million times over. Never put any cash down (cap cost reduction) unless you are pre-paying TT&L. Money down won't get you a tier bump and is literally a reduction of money down divided by lease term ($5k down divided by 36 months nets you about $139/mo). If you put $5k down and total the vehicle in a month or two, you just lose the down payment and have to find a new lease. MB don't lease as well as, say BMW, but you can lower the MF by putting multiple security deposits down Smiley Happy Good luck! 

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 9 of 14
JGGM
Frequent Contributor

10+ years retail automotive employee here - just want to echo what others have said. Don't put significant money down on a lease. If you total it 3 months down the road, you could be out some serious money. I just leased a truck recently and traded in a paid off truck. I got a check back for 100% of my trade value for this very reason. 

Current Score 7-1-21: TU: 812 EX: 805 EQ: 839
Goal Score:ACHIEVED - 800 Across the Board
In My Wallet: Cap1 QS - PenFed Power Cash Rewards - PenFed Promise - AmEx Delta Platinum - DISCO - NFCU Cash Rewards - Chase Sapphire Preferred

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.