cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorcyle loan - would I qualify for good rate?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Motorcyle loan - would I qualify for good rate?

Hello,

I'm looking to buy a motorcycle and will be applying for a loan for about 32K through the manufacturer since my CU rates are higher.  

My current stats:

EQ = 739 as of today

EX = 748 as of 12/1

revolving monthly debt = $565

annual income = $130k

credit card usage= 31% (Yes, I know this is high...working on it)

clear record

1 credit inquiry (Discover card application)

Wondering if I would qualify or not.  I don't want to apply for the loan if I'm going to get denied since that would just lower my score.  I applied for the Discover card just this week so that I can transfer one of my card balances ($4K) over to take advantage of the 0% rate for transfers which I got approved for so I'm just waiting for the card.  

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Motorcyle loan - would I qualify for good rate?

Bumping for others for input on the rate....If auto loans are like motorcycle loans, then you'll get a good rate.

I wouldn't worry about a lower score due to denial. If you are approved you can still see a lower score. FICO scores the inquiry regardless of approval.

Message 2 of 3
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Motorcyle loan - would I qualify for good rate?

Let me guess... The CU wants about 10% apr, and the bank wants 20% down. The dealer financing card (if that's what you're planning) is good, if you're going to pay off in less than 24 to 36 mos.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.