Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Myfico EQUIFAX VS WHATEVER EQUIFAX

tag
livingfree
New Contributor

Myfico EQUIFAX VS WHATEVER EQUIFAX

Today I pulled myfico and my eq score is at 636. I went with my hubby to buy a car and the salesman told me my eq score is at 590. WOW! That is a 46 point difference. I thought myfico is authentic. Please help because I am so discouraged. I have been working on my credit for a minute and I actually thought I was doing something.

5/13/13 EQ 636 (Myfico), TU 660 lender pull , EX 640 lender pull
Barclay Rewards MC $2300, Cap One $750, Walmart $800, Macys $2000, Lane Bryant $600.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Myfico EQUIFAX VS WHATEVER EQUIFAX

Hi!

Welcome to myFICO forums!

It is true that auto dealers pull an "Auto Enhanced" FICO.  You can find more information on that here.

In the meantime, I recommend that you join a credit union such as Digital Credit Union, or even a local credit union.

Credit unions are more likely to rely on a straight FICO instead of an Auto Enhanced Fico when determining approval.

Best of Luck!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 5
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

There are so many versions of FICO that unless the lender uses this version, they will never be the same score. What does this mean? There really is no point in buying your FICO lol. Just use some low cost CMS and gauge your progress that way. I use mycreditinform that comes with cap one secured card. The score has steadily rose up as my credit goes better. I know the score isn't even FICO. But what's the difference if lenders doesn't even use the version provided on this site? 

Message 3 of 5
livingfree
New Contributor

Thank you Webhopper, I appreciate the info it calmed me. I was upset because I thought my work was in vain. Smiley Happy  I will check into the CU.

Samsung, myfico has been somewhat accurate when I have used it outside of the auto industry. I guess it can be a toss up sometimes.

5/13/13 EQ 636 (Myfico), TU 660 lender pull , EX 640 lender pull
Barclay Rewards MC $2300, Cap One $750, Walmart $800, Macys $2000, Lane Bryant $600.
Message 4 of 5
Janetmc1356

So you recently received credit from all that you list?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.