Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAVY FED CREDIT UNION QUESTION

tag
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

Re: NAVY FED CREDIT UNION QUESTION

I think I remeber a CSR at NFCU tell me that when they say 48 hours- they mean 48 working hours- I'm not positive- the CSRs are excellent and helpful.
Message 11 of 28
bsal
Frequent Contributor

i'm just to nervous to get the results i really hope it comes threw today
Message 12 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

When doing anything with NFCU it is always best to avoid the end of the month/1st and the 15th.

Actually that rule of thumb applies to any government or military centric financial institution as those are the government paydays when more people call with questions/problems about their accounts.

Do they have a good phone number to get a hold of you? When they gave me my 5K consolidation loan on day 3 they called and I took the call gave them wha tthey needed and got approval, but I realised they had called a few times earlier but I was unable to talk to them.

Message 13 of 28
bsal
Frequent Contributor

well i applied for this 22k auto loan on april 1st and the lady told me i was pre qulified and i should hear something within 24-  to 48 hrs ..... you saying it can take longer then that to get a responce? man i'm so nervous the lady told me cause i'm a new member they are going threw secuirty messuars still nervious i really need a car Smiley Sad
Message 14 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

have a cocktail.

You cannot rush it. please reign in the instant fullfillment need- it is only causing you aggravation.

because you are a new member they are probably considering your application more carefully then one who has had an established banking relationship with them.

Message 15 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am confused.

A couple of weeks ago you posted how you were trading in your cadillac, have no real bills and make over 50K a year.

So what is wrong with you getting a loan?

Were you denied due to lack of credit Mix?

Were you given a high rate?

I just do not see, based on the information given in past posts, how you are in such a hard spot over credit and having such problems getting financed.

or are you simply trying to hold out for the best possible 100 percent lowest interest rate out there and nothing better will do?

Is NFCU your first attempt to finance?

Message 16 of 28
bsal
Frequent Contributor

I havent been denied at all, i'm just anxious to see if i was approved or not thats all..... and the reason i'm not gettin approved on credit cards and so forth is because the lack of credit history, i have one school loan with a balance of 997.00 at 25.01 a month, and a macys store department card with a 200.00 limit and a 0 balance just opened 5 months ago, other then that theres nothing showing on my credit report its the lack of history .
Message 17 of 28
OIFusmc

I've done all my NFCU loans online. I got my pre-approval amount within minutes. You then get a pre-approval (blank) check in the mail, where you write in the loan amount, which CAN NOT exceed your pre-approval amount.

7% isn't too bad for a used car I think.

Good luck! Smiley Happy

Message Edited by OIFusmc on 04-06-2009 01:00 PM
6 APR 09: EX-651, EQ-639, TU-624
Message 18 of 28
bsal
Frequent Contributor

Well its monday 04/06/09 and I called to check the status of my auto loan with navy fed this morning and they told me all they needed me to do was fax in my apartment lease agreement stating that I still live there, so i went ahead and got my lease agreement and took it to the navy fed branch, and to be on the safe side i took 3 recent paystubs along with my 2008 tax return and my renters insurance just in case it wasnt enough; So now i guess i have to wait another 24 hours again to see what they say *crosses fingers*
Message 19 of 28
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

What a drawn out process- what kind of car are you getting?
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.