Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Approval

tag
dchrist475
New Contributor

NFCU Approval

I was recently approved for a $55000 6 year 3.79% apr for a new car from NFCU.

I only expect to use around 35K, but it was nice to see the approval with my score.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: EQ 661
Goal Score: 720

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
vetstorm91
New Contributor

Re: NFCU Approval

That's great congrats. Did you have previous auto loan nfcu? Do you have any negative marks? I am vet and thought about joining that credit union
Message 2 of 11
dchrist475
New Contributor

@vetstorm91 wrote:
That's great congrats. Did you have previous auto loan nfcu? Do you have any negative marks? I am vet and thought about joining that credit union
I had one previous auto loan but it wasnt with NFCU.  I have two collections from 3.5 years ago reporting.

Message 3 of 11
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

@vetstorm91 wrote:

if you arent collecting a pension, or retired from the military I dont think Navy Fed would accept you. Theres a eligibility checklist on their site.

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 4 of 11
ceejx
Established Contributor

@iMacDrew wrote:

@vetstorm91 wrote:

if you arent collecting a pension, or retired from the military I dont think Navy Fed would accept you. Theres a eligibility checklist on their site.

active/retired military roommates and parents/siblings are enough to be eligable too

Message 5 of 11
vetstorm91
New Contributor

navy.

Message 6 of 11
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@vetstorm91 wrote:

See if you're qualified, and if so, just join.  There's really no reason not to and they appear to be the most consumer friendly lender out there currently.  That may change over time, but for now, they're absolutely first rate and well worth joining.  From this forum they have some loopy success rate in terms of customers, something like 95% or more take the deal NFCU offers over anyone else, or their CC approvals just annihilate other lenders.

        
Message 7 of 11
armyguy90
Contributor

Thats a huge amount and a great rate! If you dont mind me asking, what is your annual income?

Message 8 of 11
dchrist475
New Contributor

@armyguy90 wrote:

Thats a huge amount and a great rate! If you dont mind me asking, what is your annual income?

Message 9 of 11
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

What kind of car will you get?
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.