Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Auto Loan Refinance

tag
tryingtogetitrightnow
Regular Contributor

NFCU Auto Loan Refinance

I got approved for a NFCU Visa with a $10,000 limit last week.  Today, I noticed that they have an offer to credit you $250 if you refinance your auto loan with them.  So, I applied to get my auto loan refinanced with them.  I'll let you all know the results.  I'm assuming if they approved me for the credit card then most likely I'll be approved for the auto loan.

Starting Scores:10/09/13 EX ???; EQ 661; TU 668
Current Scores: 11/23/13 EX 655; EQ 679; TU 705
Goal Scores:700+ for all
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU Auto Loan Refinance

Good Luck. NFCU can be a delightful group to work with. But also be aware that if you are brand new to them that they sometimes do not approve multiple products in a short time, unless your credit and income is stellar. But as you build a relationship with them you will find that they are normally unbeatable for the products that they offer.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 3
tryingtogetitrightnow
Regular Contributor

Re: NFCU Auto Loan Refinance

@HoldingOntoHope wrote:

Good Luck. NFCU can be a delightful group to work with. But also be aware that if you are brand new to them that they sometimes do not approve multiple products in a short time, unless your credit and income is stellar. But as you build a relationship with them you will find that they are normally unbeatable for the products that they offer.

Thank you!  They offered me a rate that is higher than my current apr for my auto loan.  So, I won't be refinancing.  But when it comes time for me to finance a vehicle again, I'll definitely look to NFCU first (especially as I get a longer history with them).

Starting Scores:10/09/13 EX ???; EQ 661; TU 668
Current Scores: 11/23/13 EX 655; EQ 679; TU 705
Goal Scores:700+ for all
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.