Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Auto Loan

tag
enjoimorenow
Frequent Contributor

NFCU Auto Loan

Does NFCU require one year post BK7 discharge before they would consider an auto loan?

BK 7 Scores (08/2016): EQ-528. TU-486. EX-530.
Current Scores (04/2022): EQ-717. TU-735. EX-736.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Auto Loan

I am very interested in info about NFCU auto loans as well. Hope you get some good responses. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

No they don't! Smiley Happy I'm proof of this!

You and I have the similar scores and my BK7 was discharged Nov 2016 and I was just approved for an auto loan with them. Give it a shot. I didn't put in a vin number and only asked for 28k which I got. They pulled my TU which was the lowest at 640. 

Message 3 of 9
enjoimorenow
Frequent Contributor

Awesome, thanks for the reply!

I'm not necessarily in a huge hurry because I do have a car at the moment, though it's old and beat up plus the A/C doesn't work and it's getting pretty hot lately.  It's not really worth paying to fix the car as it's a '95 accord and the cost of repairs would be worth many times more than the car is even worth.  I figured I'd just drive it til it poops out on me, so I'm starting to plan for a new car.

I know my capital one statement cuts today and will report soon so I may wait a couple days before I try to apply and hopefully my TU will bump up a little.

If you don't mind me asking what were the terms of your loan with them and what is your yearly income?

BK 7 Scores (08/2016): EQ-528. TU-486. EX-530.
Current Scores (04/2022): EQ-717. TU-735. EX-736.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

For capital one terms were anywhere from 24-72 months at 4.22-7.?%. For NFCU my interest is a smidge 3%. My annual income is about 81k.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

3% after a BK is awesome.  Gotta love NFCU

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was actually 5 months post

@enjoimorenow wrote:

Does NFCU require one year post BK7 discharge before they would consider an auto loan?

Message 7 of 9
skylarroxxs

I just got approved 3 months after discharge 591 credit score , 11.64 interest rate on a 17 charger sxt been a member for two months.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@skylarroxxs wrote:

I just got approved 3 months after discharge 591 credit score , 11.64 interest rate on a 17 charger sxt been a member for two months.

Nice.. Congrats!!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.