Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU - No hard pull for auto loan app? Updated with some additional info, FWIW

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU - No hard pull for auto loan app? Updated with some additional info, FWIW

Anyone experience this?  I applied for an auto loan yesterday and have not seen a hard inquiry appear.  I had applied about a month ago and had a hard pull then.  Would they use the same hard pull if it is within a certain amount of time?  Just seems odd.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: NFCU - No hard pull for auto loan app?

They don't reuse pulls. It just means a loan officer hasn't pulled your report yet.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU - No hard pull for auto loan app? Updated with some additional info, FWIW

Just wanted to give a quick update - the loan I applied for on 9/27 was denied and no HP ever showed up on my report. I FINALLY got my letter from NFCU today (3.5 weeks later) and it listed EQ score that was the same score from when it was pulled a month prior on 8/28 (as well as all of the reasons listed - the same letter from my 8/28 app, except the date at the top).  My scores had bumped up 50+ points between 8/28-9/27 due to paying down a high util card. I had also run a 3B report on 9/26, so I know that none of my EQ scores were what was reported on the 9/27 denial letter.  As another DP, I also applied for a CLI on 9/27 and Navy did an EQ HP pull on the day.  My score was reported consistent with my 3B report at the 50+ score level, not that showing on my letter.   Anyway, it is clear that Navy based my 9/27 denial on the pull they did on 8/28, not my data as of 9/27.  Just thought I would share in case it helps anyone. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.